• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Festool 240V TS55 REBQ Track Saw + Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelsun

Established Member
Reaction score
I've upgraded my track saw so it's time to sell on the trusty 240V TS55 REBQ. Purchased in 2015 it's been well looked after and kept in the house when not in use.
The lot.jpg

It comes with 2 Festool crosscut blades, a Festool "Panther" 12 tooth rip blade and 2 Trend 48 teeth blades; all in great condition.
All blades.jpg

I got fed up with the stock hose port and its free spinning ways and replaced it with the Festool dust bag port which clicks round and tries to keep the hose pointing where you want it. The original port will come too but I'd recommend never using it unless you enjoy annoyances.
Upgraded dust port.jpg

There's also an easy to remove cover for the blade change port which helps increase the dust collection
Blade change cover.jpg

The saw is in great nick all round
TS 55 Front.jpg

TS55 Back.jpg

Sole.jpg

Insert.jpg

Oh yeah, it comes with a plug-it cable and 4 spare splinter guards

Looking for £300 + £15 P&P from Shetland.

I'll be sad to see it go but I can't justify 2 track saws. Not really (homer)

Attachments

• The lot.jpg
    The lot.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,190
  • All blades.jpg
    All blades.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 2,209
  • Upgraded dust port.jpg
    Upgraded dust port.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,191
  • Blade change cover.jpg
    Blade change cover.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,190
  • TS 55 Front.jpg
    TS 55 Front.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 2,206
  • TS55 Back.jpg
    TS55 Back.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 2,228
  • Sole.jpg
    Sole.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 2,206
  • Plug-it and spliter guards.jpg
    Plug-it and spliter guards.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 2,163
  • Insert.jpg
    Insert.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 2,191
I would be interested in the panther blade in the unlikely event that you split.

Curious to know what you have upgraded to? I thought that these were the ‘bees knees’ of the track saw world.

Mrs C":cwa4hhpw said:
Curious to know what you have upgraded to? I thought that these were the ‘bees knees’ of the track saw world.
The bee's knees but with nobs on: the Mafell MT55CC. It's a close run race between the two but the Mafell has a more powerful motor, a scoring function (a little plastic lever) and a blade change experience that just makes you smile.

Looks barely used. Would of had this but like you went for the Mafell last month. The 165 blades fit, might as well keep them

W666":tgqyejqu said:
The 165 blades fit, might as well keep them
Thinner kerf on the Mafell blades so using Festool blades would reduce the witdth of the track chip trim, ok if you are only gonna us fessy blades in the MT55CC, personally I prefer the Mafell blades.

W666":3553lioj said:
Looks barely used. Would of had this but like you went for the Mafell last month. The 165 blades fit, might as well keep them
I'm not trade so it's only been used making stuff for the house (kitchen, bookcases, wall panelling, a bed, bathroom cabinets and other assorted furniture). When not in use it lives in a Systainer in the house and it's never seen a van, concrete floor or been abused by someone else. Having 2 little ones of an age wot need a watching eye, I have plenty time where I can't be butchering wood, but a bit of tool maintenance time is more than doable :D

As to the blades, I already run 2 sets of tracks catering for incompatible offsets (i.e. the saws cannot physically be adjusted to meet up) so, as Doug mentions, I'm opting to stick with one blade plate and blade thickness to try and keep things simple.

marcros":zj9nwzoj said:
Do you fancy splitting and selling the panther blade?
Afraid not. The 48t crosscut blade sucks at ripping (I think this is where most complaints of being underpowered come from) most of the time so having the rip blade included is, all be it a minor one, a selling point.

Actually, you can have the blade for a tenner... plus £290 p&p if you like :p

Hi Mike,

No I didn't. I ended up talking the last potential buyer out of buying it (it wasn't what they really needed) and it's remained in it's systainer since. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Neil

Latest posts

Back