Festo Circular Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
At CYC's suggestion, I have posted a review of the Festo Circular saw on my site - you can get to it here http://chrisknight.info/woodwork/tools.htm just click on the picture.

I just happened to have reached a point where I needed to cut some material so it was an opportune moment to get the camera out.

I 'd be pleased to have any feedback and suggestions for improvement in my review as it's the first opinion I have given on a tool that I would call a review. I have not attempted any comparisons - hey, I'm not a magazine - and I have tried to be honest ( we all try to like things we spent a bundle on) but not OTT although I am very enamoured of it as you will see.

Very good. Makes me want one now though :cry:

Adam

I am in love with this Brand :D
Thanks for this excellent review Chris. I have so far only read good things about Festool, and I am impatiently saving to buy the Router OF1010, with the guide rail of course :wink:

I am looking forward to see more reviews on your site.

Don't forget, Mafell is the poor mans Festool - I have the Mafell LO50E which is made in the same factory as the OF1010, and is identical just about.

I can honestly say though it's fantastic, smooth, easy to hold, so easy to microadjust.....

Adam

Excellent, another proof of good quality.
I am happy because I just discovered a local retailer of the Festool. Very happy :D

Hi CYC

I bought the Festool jigsaw a little while ago and I am very impressed with it.

It is so well engineered, they obviously really understand what people will use the tool for.

Even the systainer case is an excellent container, better even than the DW metal boxes.

Cheers
Neil

Festool prices seem pretty constant across their retail network. [A tool shop] told me "oh no, we can't discount [a £2k purchase] because we have an agreement with Festool that we won't discount their tools". Which is kind of very illegal (this is now criminal behaviour, with prison sentences and personal fines for directors if they're caught), if of course it was true and not just a line from [a tool shop].

If you look hard, however, you can find at least one store with an online presence that will discount, but I don't want to post its name here in case they get in trouble with Minden for breaking some kind of policy.

This kind of thing really annoys me, cos it hits us in the pocket. I am seriously considering reporting it to the OFT. Any views?

I wouldn't hesitate in reporting it. After all the OFT are the experts on the issue and if they get a few similar reports, they will start to apply pressure.

I am involved in the fabrication / sale of heavy industrial equipment and have often thought power tools are hugely overpriced (compared to their component cost / design / marketing costs) and am similarly suspicious.

Cheers

Knowing the quality of this brand, would they not sell twice as much if they sold at competitive prices. I know I would have already bought a few if it was cheaper :wink:

Hi Jake,

Is there any chance you could send me a PM with the identity of the mysterious retailer who discounts Festool? I'm guessing you're not referring to Rutlands' occasional 10% off sales :roll:

Thanks,

NeilCFD

Back