• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Festive Flavour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

Charley,

I like the seasonal touch to the website header. :lol: Is that a complete set of Lie-Nielsen planes that Santa's got on the sleigh there? Coming my way I hope... :wink:

Cheers, Jester
Ho, ho, ho...

A

Anonymous

Charley,

Tacky? Tacky?!
Of course it's tacky. Isn't that the point? :p

Cheers, Jester
Who likes a little tackiness and tat at Xmas. Tinsel, robins bob-bob-bobbing, carols tinkling out of plastic santas. Ah yes... Truly, the spirit of Christmas... :roll:

A

Anonymous

I wish to come the the defense of the poor Robin.

They may decorate many a cheap Christmas card, but the one's that visit our back garden are a welcome winter sight.

And they especially love Christmas cake (the icing is their favourite bit) and pudding!!

And I've had no complaints about the quality of my craftmanship in their birdtable!!! :D

So don't forget, all you woodworking folk, do your bit (no pun intended :!: ), and put out a mince pie or three for the poor old Robin.

(I'll get of my saw horse now :lol: )

(At least it's not ANIMATED snow :? )

A

Anonymous

Peeps,

Just a word of caution. If you habitually slop a little brandy on your mince pies etc, please don't put 'em out for the birds. Alcohol is a killer for birds; they just can't take it at all. However, if you can spare a few nuts from the table, I expect they'd be pretty popular. :wink:

Sorry. I came over all serious there for a minute. Dear, oh dear.

BTW, Charley. I saw plenty of much tackier decorations yesterday. Yours are positively chic and stylish, mate. More tack!!! :wink:

Cheers, Jester

A

Anonymous

If you habitually slop brandy ANYWHERE :? , I would suggest cutting back, or at least watering it down with something (preferably non-alcoholic) :D

And remember, alcohol and woodwork do not mix (So no crafty swigs out of the white spirit bottle :wink: )

So non drink-drilling or drink-dowelling or drink-dovetailing (any others ??)

(Robins are also a fan of oatmeal)

(Charley, Were all those snowflakes done individually :?: )

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Duncan can you see me sitting in front of a computer for hours adding white dots to the logo? :? Luckily it only took a few seconds just by clicking the 'snow' effect in photoshop :D

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
To add to the festive flavour and to make the forums look abit more tacky over Christmas I've added some new smileys....

(d)

(santa)

(hammer)

(homer)

Okay I know the last two are nothing to do with Christmas but there new (santa)

(santa)(hammer)

A

Anonymous

Well, (santa) definitely looks like he's been slopping the brandy... :mrgreen:

Cheers, Jester (d)