• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ferrex Bandsaw special buy is back - £149.99 + £9.95 Postage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJBuzz

Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-bandsaw/p/810249541009800
Ferrex-Bandsaw-A.jpg

Whatever project you're working on next, make sure you have the right tools to get the job done. With 2 cutting speeds this Ferrex Bandsaw enables smooth and precise cuts in both hard and soft wood up to 120mm thick. The solid, all-steel machine has a powerful yet quiet motor, quick lock for fast and rigid locking, and long ripping fence for accurate straight cuts, so you can be sure you'll get the results you're after. The table is solid and sturdy, and is even adjustable from 0° to 45°, allowing you that extra bit of freedom as you work.

Features

• Multiple cutting speeds
  • Cuts wood up to 12cm (approx.)
  • Electro motor
  • Solid die-cast alloy tiltable table
  • Quiet but powerful
  • Long ripping fence
  • Quick & rigid lock
  • Solid all steel construction
Guarantee/Warranty
3 Years

Some interesting reviews!
4.5* out of 5*....

Judging from earlier comments on here, who writes them?
Enid Blyton?!

I like the way having a 2nd speed is classified as 'Multiple'

" Electro motor "
What other options are there ? Steam or perhaps a clockwork mechanism :LOL:

• Solid all steel construction
Except for the base, which is rubbish, I had to add a large block of oak and bolts to straighten it out where it got damaged in transit

getting near Screwfix money now. I think the days of cheap Aldi tools are over for us now

This Ferrex bandsaw is a re-badged Scheppach HBS261 which costs £250 at Screwfix.

There's a recent thread (several pages long) all about the Ferrex bandsaw. Unfortunately quite a few were delivered with damage to the base and some people had lots of problems with the courier that Aldi uses to deliver these machines:
Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model | UKworkshop.co.uk

Aldi Customer Services would seem to be staffed with "penny pinchers" in regards to any discount/refunds *should you have to go down that road* if the goods received are damaged in transit - as the one I got was... along with some other members here. Very long post a couple (or so) months ago.

I say penny pinchers because the 20% discount/refund they gave was for £29.99 and not £30.00. They use calculators set to 3+ decimal points and don't round up to the nearest 2 decimal points. (£149.99 - 20% = £29.998p - so really they are .002p penny pinchers 😒. Shame really as they lost me as a future customer by doing so. I gave up continuing the claim after they made this "offer".

Mine had a bent base AND multiple bits of sharp scrap metal debris from the castings left on the top and bottom wheels. Blades (2 off) are "okay" but best thing is to replace with those from "TuffSaws" or similar (which I *must* get round to ordering and then change over). Still endeavouring to get it to cut a straight line although the "vertical" cut is square with the supplied blade.

Oh!!! A point to remember IF you buy one and want/need to make a claim under "warranty" - you have to return in the *original packaging*.

Last edited:
Some interesting reviews!
4.5* out of 5*....

Judging from earlier comments on here, who writes them?
Enid Blyton?!

Aldi "won't allow" any bad reviews to be posted on *their* pages on any product they sell - and WON'T post if you mention their Customer Services section 😒 Just check "their" conditions for posting a *Review*🤣
Also, they don't give a "monkeys" if you post bad reviews over on TrustPilot as they don't make any replies to such.

This Ferrex bandsaw is a re-badged Scheppach HBS261 which costs £250 at Screwfix.

There's a recent thread (several pages long) all about the Ferrex bandsaw. Unfortunately quite a few were delivered with damage to the base and some people had lots of problems with the courier that Aldi uses to deliver these machines:
Aldi Bandsaw ( new model) coming soon. Buy it or choose other model | UKworkshop.co.uk
I think its also the same as the record power BS250. I've got that RP bandsaw and its been very good for the last 20 years, with the blade remaining under tension for much of that time. It cuts well and although maybe not super silent, has preformed well.
When you compare the 2 together they are pretty much identical except maybe the doors and the RP has a cast table. But certainly the outside features-wheel balance/tracking is the same as is the extractor point.
Sure, its got its faults, but for £150 thats not bad going and i do like the extending table. A feature many saws could be doing with.

To be honest, I set mine up last night and although I need to spend some time calibrating it, for a novice maker in a compact workshop, I can't really say I'm disappointed.
Nothing arrived bent or broken and although there is a bit of slop in the various mechanisms, notably the fence, I absolutely expected to have to fettle and modify the thing.

I can see why experienced wood workers would be hesitent to recommend such a tool, but if you're just a hobbiest with dreams, like me, my first impressions are that it's a solid buy.
Perhaps I will re-evalate my position when I have tried to cut some massive sleepers with it 😄

Back