Ferm Buscuit Jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I thought it might be a good idea to post a seperate thread on the biscuit jointer as the other one is running all over the place.

Seems Ferm are going to get some orders out of this discusion!

I would like to ask if any one knows if the Axminster SLB9100N at 99 pounds is the same machine as the Ferm? If so it makes the Ferm even better value they look kind of similar (dif body kit)

I look forward to Norm Fans Review, Let us know here when you post it.

Will do :wink:

As far as I can tell the Axminster isnt based on the Ferm like the AEG one is, it has a completely different front end & looks ok to me, in fact I was going to go for that model if this Ferm didnt work out to be any good, but now im happy with this I really dont see the point in spending another £50.

It also comes with a 3 Year warranty & 2 spare brushes for the motor.

Nick :)

Just got the special offers for spring from Screwfix and the biscuit jointer is on sale for £44.99. If you thinking about one this could be the time to buy :D

Regards,

DaveL

PS
buy a pack of biscuits, it doesn't come with any and the free postage starts at £45 :)

Screwfix have just reduced the Ferm biscuit jointer to £29.99 - so now would be an even better time to buy if anyone is thinking of getting one!

Neil

BARGAIN!

I remember when it was £80!!

Mine was £60!

These biscuit jointers are one of the tools in the budget ranges that actually are worth buying in a great way!

get the ferm and a load of biccys :D i got a 1000 well worth it use it all the time .i am making a chest of drawers at the mo and its all biccy joints bar for the drawers. i just got my alu rails for the rat so i will be batch cutting finger joints. ps went to b&q and picked up a 50 mtr roll of 120 g
rit for £15 cough cough ,i allways look in the reduced bin :)

frank

Norm Fan":283cff1x said:
As far as I can tell the Axminster isnt based on the Ferm like the AEG one is

Well, I went and had a look at my Maffell LNF19 which I've had for about 5 years now and at first sight it looks very similar to the Ferm (it shares the same front end as the Maffell LNF20 and the AEG LF650/Atlas-Copco LF650), but I'm sorry to say Nick having compared the machine to the photos in your review, it isn't the same as the Ferm. Nor is it a copy of the Far East Ferm (as it pre-dates the Ferm by a few years). No sir! It is the other way round - the Ferm is a cheap knock-off of the Maffell/AEG/Atlas-Copco design (AEG, Milwaukee and Kango-Wolf are all part of Atlas Copco these days and therefore effectively the same company). I can testify as to how good the LNF19 is, though. I've used lots of different machines over the years including Freud, Virutex, Ryobi, deWalt and Lamello (still have my Elu DS140 circa 1981), but the Maffell beats them all hands down in general use, with the possible exception of the Lamello Minilo Top 20 which has a few tricks of its own (and at around £400 I'd hope so, too). The DS140 (nee deWalt DW685) has a few neat features of it's own which have made it worth keeping.

BTW, liked the review. At £50 the machine looks to be a bargain (I recall the LNF cost me about £175 or so). Happy jointing!

Scrit

Latest posts

Back