Fence on a EB PKF255

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I know there are a few owners here who have a PKF255 and I was wondering what they think of the rip fence on it,

I am thinking of modifying it so it will clamp on both sides of the table,

I am just not happy how EB and Scheppach have done these fences,

If you have some large and heavy stuff laying against it , it will not stay alined to the blade.

So if somebody has already done some modifications to an PKF255, or other EB rip fence, please let me have some thoughts on what can be done.

Thanks
Mcluma

I have one of these saws. For the benefit of those that do not, the clamping system works by first doing up theclamp on the fence rail, thispulls the fence parallel with the blade. Then the other clamp is turned, this turns a rod inside the fence which clamps the fence on the far side.
I can't help with this particular enquiry because mine works fine
John

I too have the PKF 255 and the fence locks on the front and back of the table, just like John explained. You should have the same fence, or do you have an older model!?

On a different note, before christmas I noticed the fence was no longer parallel to the blade. The blade is parallel to the table (well the slot edge). Sadly I haven't been in the workshop to look at it since. My daughter is taking all my time, nights :cry:

I have a three year old one, with the short fence, which only locks on the front side of the table, not on the rear, maybe there is an aftermark fence, I will have check on this

I didn't think there was another version of the fence for the PKF255. Do you have a picture of it?

Mcluma, here you can see all angles of the fence:

fence1.jpg

fence2.jpg

fence3.jpg

fence4.jpg

INTERESTING,

Mine didn't come with that one, I will show you the picture tomorrow

have to speak to EB right away, this is outrageous :evil:

Ok i figured it out now, :idea:

I am missing a few parts on my machine, the pull rod from the fence, the ratchet lever and the clamping lever,

So I will be on the phone to EB first thing monday morning. and sort them out :evil:

Just orderd the missing parts from EB, Hopefully they will arrive on thursday :?

Working with the fence this weekend was total missery, as i have to clamp the other side down, but i have to measure the front and the back of the blade to stay parralel,

also noticed that my slider is about 1 mil to high, so have to lower that over the weekend too :cry:

And the wife contantly asking why it all takes to long

PS which Extractor are you using with the saw?

How comes you have to actually order the part of the fence which should have been included?! did you buy second hand?

I use the EB SPA 1100, it was part of the deal with the table saw. Works well.

Well the missing parts were just deliverd, will fit them this weekend, and hopefully then the allignment problem is solved - cost me Gbp 20,- to put this right.

PS these guys at EB are very fast - orderd yesterday, and here it is

Why were you glowering at EB earlier, if this was secondhand, then?

By the way, the sliding table is usually supposed to be slightly higher than the main table, although a mm sounds like quite a bit.

Jake

Yes I agree Jake, I had the recommended mm raise at first but it's far too much. So now I am just a faction higher.
Do you have a PKF255 ?

No, although I looked at a second hand one. I'm renovating a house, so ended up with the Festool CS75E-Set - combines site saw portability with the fully fledged sliding table gubbins and throws in a free upside-down SCMS as well. Bit of a compromise for a pure woodwork workshop tool, but for my purposes it is just perfect.

I bought it second hand just the other month, as upgrade for my nu-tool modified bench saw.

I am very happy with the unit, its exactly what i was expecting

Latest posts

Back