• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Found Fence for Bosch POF500A

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeenToLearn

Established Member
Reaction score
Wanted: does anyone have a spare router fence for the POF500? Lost mine! I guess a fence from another make could be adapted if anyone has one spare please?

I think they maybe a standard width, I can check in a bit against my likely ubiquitous
black and decker one.
It's a bit flimsy, on something which to my eyes shouldn't be at all flimsy whatsoever?

Hasn't someone/company bought/made/adapted one of these to have a fence for both sides
of the work?
I seen that somewhere,likely here a good while back, maybe Steve Maskery,or someone into Festool kit perhaps?
Manor WOOD channel, probably the only channel I'd look at featuring those white boxes.
Seems it should be common if not the case already, since nobody wants to be tipping their router.

Tom

Seems to be around a 1/32" of difference.
Kinda hard to measure something like that well, but to my eyes the Bosch looks to be nuts on
3" between those 8mm rails, and the B&D seems slightly wider.
Both are seemingly interchangeable, as in no jamming or slight hint of tightness when fully retracted? like the second pic below.
SAM_5745.JPG

SAM_5749.JPG

Ps thanks to Kinverkid for the clarification of which is which! lol.

I know you have acquired one already, but found what looks to be the kinda thing what I'm on about.
I guess a few companies may possibly make them, should you find the OM one somewhat lacking,
and should you decide to try making some improvements to it, something like this might inspire.
I haven't looked at this CRB7 base to try and fault, just posting for idea sake.
Screenshot-2022-5-5 Building Testing Homer Simpson's Chair.png

But not to suggest @Derek Cohen (Perth Oz) 's solution doesn't look dandy
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/morticer-or-pillar-drill.136748/#post-1572243
Tom

Can I thank UKWorkshop for all invaluable tips you all give and doubly kinverkid for solving this problem for me!!! Plus Ttrees for ideas!

Back