Femi tools.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim l

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the quality femi tools.I would like to compare their 254mm mitre saw to erbauers as they are similar price range and in my budget.thanks for any info.tim.

Do you have a link? I'd go for erbauer simply for ease of return if any issues. Most likely much of a muchness unless you go for Makita DeWalt Bosch etc.

Does anyone know anything about the quality femi tools.I would like to compare their 254mm mitre saw to erbauers as they are similar price range and in my budget.thanks for any info.tim.
Thanks james ,I'm in France and race tools sell the femi tools and deliver with no extra taxes.the femi mitre saws techs are comparable with ebauer but it's the first time I've even heard of femi tools.

I wouldn't pay £220 for the erbauer when you can buy a Makita for £300....
I wouldn't pay £220 for the erbauer when you can buy a Makita for £300....
Which makita would you look at. I would like the bigger blade but I had a dewalt 216 mm mitre saw for the last 10 plus years and rarely needed anything bigger but it would be nice.

Which makita would you look at. I would like the bigger blade but I had a dewalt 216 mm mitre saw for the last 10 plus years and rarely needed anything bigger but it would be nice.

Consider the Bosch GCM8SJL. Quality build and accurate out the box (in my experience). 216mm blade. Can crosscut up to ~310mm at 90 deg. Max depth of cut is 80mm if I remember correctly. I’ve never needed anything bigger for furniture builds and the occasional bit of carpentry / joinery work in the house.

Available for 350 Euros on Amazon.fr

Not a bad price at all though you might find it a bit cheaper elsewhere if you’re lucky.

That sounds great thanks , I could get it delivered to my dad to bring over.cheers.

Seems like a good option though heavy luggage if flying. I live in France (well Guyane actually) and tools do seem to be generally cheaper in the UK than in Metropolitan France. The DOM-TOMs are a whole other level of expensive! I bought all my portable power tools (track saw, routers, jigsaw, sander, etc.) in the UK and transported them back here as checked in luggage. Saved a small fortune!

Seems like a good option though heavy luggage if flying. I live in France (well Guyane actually) and tools do seem to be generally cheaper in the UK than in Metropolitan France. The DOM-TOMs are a whole other level of expensive! I bought all my portable power tools (track saw, routers, jigsaw, sander, etc.) in the UK and transported them back here as checked in luggage. Saved a small fortune!

Thanks bojan.tools have reduced in price a lot since I've lived here but only if it's what you want ,makita track saw is cheaper here but festool is over 100 more expensive I've come to the point where all my tools need renewing or upgrading hope it's not the cars next.

I have a Femi metal-cutting bandsaw, and it's a quality tool. Perfectly aligned and square out of the box and cuts beautifully. It is one of their made in Italy ones though – I believe they also have cheaper models not made in Italy, so check what you're getting if that concerns you.

I have a Femi metal-cutting bandsaw, and it's a quality tool. Perfectly aligned and square out of the box and cuts beautifully. It is one of their made in Italy ones though – I believe they also have cheaper models not made in Italy, so check what you're getting if that concerns you.

Thanks, I'm pretty set on the makita mitre saw but I have looked and their workshop tools look good and affordable.

Back