female plug

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerro

Established Member
Reaction score
German female plug anyone know where I can obtain one as I can’t find any on the net only male type F and I need the female so that I can plug in and use the machine but I am a bit worried about the earthling on it. Comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210814_095137573.jpg
    IMG_20210814_095137573.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20210814_095131921.jpg
    IMG_20210814_095131921.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 96
Axminster do a version of the required lead under product number 600700 but are OOS right now. I believe the model HC260 planer thicknesser that are sold under various names use this plug setup.

Axminster do a version of the required lead under product number 600700 but are OOS right now. I believe the model HC260 planer thicknesser that are sold under various names use this plug setup.
Thank you Alan they are out of stock but due in about two weeks

German female plug anyone know where I can obtain one as I can’t find any on the net only male type F and I need the female so that I can plug in and use the machine but I am a bit worried about the earthling on it. Comments would be appreciated.
Earthlings are mostly harmless (sorry)

Thank you Sideways but I dont do ebay
I can't imagine why not but if you have a phobia then just [Google] the same thing. They are available from Amazon, RS, CPC, FS etc. --- just at a higher price :)

I can't imagine why not but if you have a phobia then just [Google] the same thing. They are available from Amazon, RS, CPC, FS etc. --- just at a higher price :)

Im sorry but you are wrong I have spent hours on the net and you can not get a female plug to fit my planer anywhere german caravan places or any where there are plenty of male plugs type K. And I have looked on ebay but I dont buy or sell has I have not got an account. The only place to buy is from Axminster or similar clones of the Kity as they are the same set up.

Im sorry but you are wrong I have spent hours on the net and you can not get a female plug to fit my planer anywhere german caravan places or any where there are plenty of male plugs type K. And I have looked on ebay but I dont buy or sell has I have not got an account. The only place to buy is from Axminster or similar clones of the Kity as they are the same set up.
RS?

EUROPEAN SCHUKO SOCKET -UK PLUG

Maybe, if you want the lazy way of buying a ready-made lead with a 13amp plug on one end you may be right - I haven't looked too deeply but here are two sockets that you can wire up yourself in moments.
1 : 1679000 | ABL Sursum German Mains Sockets Type F - German Schuko, 16A, Cable Mount, 250 V | RS Components
2 : Black European Rewireable Socket 16 Amp | EuroNetwork

I'd presumed that you wanted to fit a socket outlet to a wall thus eliminating the 13amp plug altogether - which in my opinion would be the correct way to proceed - there are many more possibilities :
1 : 5UB1511 | Siemens White 1 Gang Plug Socket, 16A, Type F - German Schuko | RS Components
2 : BG EMSCHSW SCHUKO Socket Unswitched White (50 X 50mm)Default Title

In my very brief search I also found a ready made cable of the type Axminster list :
https://cinemattaglx.com/products/1...cqYrfLq3z2loyz5YFrvrGlIstpV_GWlBoCWp8QAvD_BwE

Maybe, if you want the lazy way of buying a ready-made lead with a 13amp plug on one end you may be right - I haven't looked too deeply but here are two sockets that you can wire up yourself in moments.
1 : 1679000 | ABL Sursum German Mains Sockets Type F - German Schuko, 16A, Cable Mount, 250 V | RS Components

I'd presumed that you wanted to fit a socket outlet to a wall thus eliminating the 13amp plug altogether - which in my opinion would be the correct way to proceed - there are many more possibilities :
1 : 5UB1511 | Siemens White 1 Gang Plug Socket, 16A, Type F - German Schuko | RS Components

In my very brief search I also found a ready made cable of the type Axminster list :
https://cinemattaglx.com/products/1...cqYrfLq3z2loyz5YFrvrGlIstpV_GWlBoCWp8QAvD_BwE
The problem is the ready made cable is only available in 1m, 2m, 5m, 10m… and the OP needs 2.254m.

I have looked at all these plugs and they are ether male type K or they dont fit into my shroud. when I get the one from Axminster I will rewire a longer lead on. But Thank you for all your very help full replys

Last edited by a moderator:
I could have given you one a couple of months back ( a lead , no other comments needed )
My kity bandsaw had one, but i whizzed it off and put a new nvr and cable with 240v 3 pin plug.
Sadly i binned it as I knew i would never need one

I believe the model HC260 planer thicknesser that are sold under various names use this plug setup.
They do, and most annoyingly so.

The HC260 implementation has the socket facing downwards - it does not have a retaining clip and is friction-fit retained only. Unfortunately, the friction is not that great so the plug can just drop out with relative ease. Replacing it with something (anything!) more sensible is A GOOD PLAN.

NB. I understand that there might be some perverse logic at play here - if someone were to trip over the power cord, it disconnects from the PT with extreme ease and thus is a fail-safe mechanism, so from an H&S standpoint is a plus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back