Felt stickers for cabinet door magnets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm after circular felt stickers, 0.5mm thick X 12~15mm diameter, to go over magnets, to stop the clanging sound.

Can anyone tell me where I can find them?

All my Google searches come up with thick furniture feet felt pads

Thanks

Do you want a lot or a few, I probably have a few kicking around in green felt you can have, I'll post them if you want?

Do you want a lot or a few, I probably have a few kicking around in green felt you can have, I'll post them if you want?

Hi Dr Bob, thank you, that is very generous of you!
I need 20 of them, so not a lot compared to the trade. Is that doable from your side? Happy to cover their costs and postage etc.

I don't know of anything you can buy ready made, but it's quite easy to find sources of self-adhesive felt sheet and a hollow punch would make quick work of turning it into circular pieces.

Something like this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEAVY-DU...IC-WOOD-BELT-HOLE-PUNCH-1mm-30mm/121453200436
and this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Self-Adh...ACK-Sheets-23cm-x-30cm-PACK-of-2/283061421471
(but shop around: those were the first two links I found)
Thank you Dr Al, I'll see if Dr Bob can help first

@sammy.se: If Dr. Bob can't help they're readily available "off the shelf" here and I doubt UK is different.

Here anyway, what you want to look out for is the occasional "special offer bins" (usually big brightly coloured cardboard things) piled up at the entrances to supermarkets, DIY places, etc. The felt pads come on paper sheets (about A4 size) with varying numbers of varying sizes of round, square, and oblong pads, self adhesive of the paper side, plain on the outside. They come in white, brown, grey - and even sometimes green (the most sensible colour and a rarity).

Also here, in non-food areas/stationery in supermarkets you can often find full A4 sheets of self-adhesive (one side) felt that you can cut out yourself (small sharp knife works fine).

If Dr. Bob cant help PM me with your address and I'll put some in the post for you (instead of a Xmas card)! :)

I have found that some self adhesive felt pads mentioned above can be too thick to allow the magnetic catch to operate properly. You can get all sorts of self adhesive felt, but I suggest you try to make sure it is as thin as possible. (I have a large supply of paper backed wood veneer that is virtually paper thin and have used that. Just wish I could find some other use for it.)

I have 15mm ones in green, PM me an address Sammy and I'll post 30 out.

Back