Felder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjwoodms

Established Member
Reaction score
It's fair to say I'm not a fan of felder machinery but I have to give credit where it's due

Yesterday I was at a customers fitting a new control card to one of their spindles.

This should have been a simple job but when I opened the box I found that they had changed the board and terminals slightly. I spoke to Richard radbourne at felder who supplied me with a wiring chart as well as full programing and calibration instructions. After doing all of the above I started getting error messages but as usual there was no info on this the service manual. So I spoke to Richard again who found out what the errors where for me (it turned out to be an over voltage issue for the new card due to the difference between the uk and austrian voltages and the new card being more sensitive than the old one) not only that Richard pointed me in the right direction on a wiring alteration to adjust the card supply voltage. Being a independent engineer it can be next to impossible to get technical advise from manufacturers as they don't like people like me undercutting their prices by as much as 60%.

Anyway I guess the point is cheers Richard and thank you very much for your help without which I would have been in the brown stuff.

Back