Felder Planer/Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddywack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Does any body know if its possible to change the Block and Blades on a Felder Planer/Thicknesser to the Helixical type. I have spoken to felder but they are not very forthcoming with info.
Regards
Paddywack

Paddywack,

try the Felder owners group. They are mainly American,but there are some UK members.
I am sure that there was a topic last year about someone who done what you are proposing to do.

HTH.

Mark.

Paddywack":1f3cpduj said:
Hi All,
Does any body know if its possible to change the Block and Blades on a Felder Planer/Thicknesser to the Helixical type. I have spoken to felder but they are not very forthcoming with info.
Regards
Paddywack
I'm not suprised about Felder not being very forthcoming as it's an option they don't sell as they have the spiral system.
You don't mention which model you are refering too ?. I know a couple of owners who have bought the US version of the cutterhead, they weren't overly impressed by it.

FWIW Felder used to do a HD conversion kit, similar idea. I ditched mine for the conventional resharpenable blades, quality of finish is just as good and cheaper running costs to boot.

I have the 741 power drive, I have seen the Helixical cutters on other machines and thought they might be an improvement for mine. I would also like to resharpen my blades but not with Felder.
Regards.

What blades are you using and how does this affect the auto setting when you re install the blades, my blades are double sided disposable ones that are self setting.

Back