Felder / Hammer open day 16 June

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Russell there is chasing me to go spend money. Just wondered if anyone was going Saturday 16th June, Milton Keynes. It's a bit of a trek for me, just to look at 'machinery'... but anyone down this way interested?

Wonder if June 16th is when the, pre October woodworking show, summer sale kicks off?

Hi Custard - I understand there will be deals to be had but they are rather coy about it.
How are your benches by the way? I need to make another!

I would like to go but the dates don't make it possible for me, if you do go then please post here after to tell us about it.

condeesteso":112v8xlp said:
Hi Custard - I understand there will be deals to be had but they are rather coy about it.

These deals are they normally on new machinery or addons for existing machines

katellwood":13ou2zfk said:
condeesteso":13ou2zfk said:

These deals are they normally on new machinery or addons for existing machines

Sorry, I don't know as I have never been to one, I think I will mail russell and report back. If he wants a good turnout give us the motivation :wink:

Here is the email update from Russell:

The demo day will be from 10:00-17:00 on Saturday 16/06/2012. At our Milton Keynes showroom. Felder UK Ltd, Unit 2 Joplin Court, Sovereign Business Park, Crownhill Industry, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK8 0JP. The will be refreshments in the way of tea, coffee and soft drinks (no alcohol!!).

Peter Sefton who has his own Hammer machinery and runs training courses from his workshop in the Worcestershire, will be on site and able to help with any questions that you may have. The Hammer C3-31 combination machine will be set up to be able to pass wood through to be able to hear noise levels and to be able to see the quality of finish that can be expected with our machines.

There is also a large selection of other machinery available to view but if you have any particular requirements may be worth getting in touch to confirm and I will be able to do my best to have this sorted.

With regards to discounts or specials it is hard to say as it is not a standard discount across the board but I can confirm that every machine available will be reduced.

condeesteso":2v8t1g8p said:

All a bit chaotic at the moment, the builders started on the new workshop last week (rain had stopped play) so rushing around finsihing a few outstanding jobs before packing things up ready for the move!

I think just maybe my flippant remarks here could have upset Russell. Not at all intended and public apology offered, here and now.
I have massive respect for the Hammer and Felder machines - if I had the cash I would buy the 4400 bandsaw, the 10" planer and probably the 10" tsaw right now. I would like there to be a micro-adjust extra for the sliding table cross-cut fence though. The one on my Scheppach gets used a lot.
Mighty fine machines, maybe I'll just go for one at a time?
SO, anyone SE based fancy a car-share?

Updated info from Russell - definitely deals to be had:

"Have been made aware that we will use the demonstration day as the launch of the summer promotions so I can now confirm that there will definitely by very good promotional pricing available on all the machines but cannot yet confirm what they are but will stay in touch."

I'm probably going so if you are near me get in touch.

Back