Fein [ Supercut 400 w kit vs Multi-Master 250w Basic kit ]

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlow52

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at both of these
the Supercut is priced at 3 times the Multi-Master so wonder if anyone could shed some light on the reasons for such a difference.

Its not clear to me what in both kits, however I doubt the price difference is due to the additional blades.

ps both are corded tools and not battery powered

Thanks

Sorry cannot help as I thought the supercut was battery powered.

I have the multimaster and use it for loads of things only that tool will do.

Edit - Dodge is selling one of those at what looks like a good price.

Mick

Multimaster basic is a much older model - doesn't have the quick-fit blade change. A better comparison might be the Multimaster select plus kit - half the price of the Supercut. I have an older MM - I've never used a Supercut, but as I understand it it's certainly the heavier-duty machine. AFAIK there are no sanding attachment for the SC - it's a saw.

I have a MM and not found a situation where it wouldn't\couldn't do what I thought it would.

Replaced the kitchen taps for a mixer on the weekend and the nut underneath the hot tap had well and truly bonded itself to the threaded part - a few mins later with a Metal\Wood blade and the tap was in 2 pieces! :mrgreen:

I can't see where I'd need a Supercut over a MM.

My 2p worth

Dibs

Thanks for all the insights, am going to see both in the flesh so to speak this afternoon. will revert then

The Multi Master is a light duty machine which is capable of performing most tasks that would crop up.
The Super Cut is a heavy duty trade machine which is designed for the tradesman who would most likely be using it quite a bit and demanding bigger cuts.

Unless you need a machine that is capable of running and performing all day, buy the Multi Master. Its a great machine, which you will wonder how you ever done without one.

HTH.
Cheers,
BB

Bought the MM 250Q in the plastic box and then added
the flooring kit [part number 6 39 03 167 41 1 ] and
the tiling kit 6 39 03 167 39 9.

There is some duplication of blades but it was a cheaper option than buying individual blades and than buying the 250Q in a box kit filled with stuff I might never use.

Thanks again for the insights.

31 May 2012
Just to say don't know how I ever did without.. it is awesome.
2 comments: the cheaper blades only have 4 positions 0 90 180 270
the more expensive blades have
0 45 90 135 180 etc
The threaded bolt that is clamped in to hold the blades can be let fall easily as, unlike my jigsaw and cordless drills its just the blade that needs holding: changing blades 30 feet up a ladder needs concentration not to drop the bolt:)

28 July 2012 update
Fein Cut:)
used it today to cut tiles and the underlying plasterboard in a leaking shower.
The tile grout was cut using a 'carbide' coated disk and the pb was then cut using a wood metal blade.

All done in 20 minutes and as neat as anything, will very manageable dust easily collected with a vac

Attachments

• 2012-07-28 18.24.37.jpg
    2012-07-28 18.24.37.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,164
Back