Fein dustex orTrend T30?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pswallace

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm currently in the market for A shop vac' of some kind and I have narrowed it down to either the fein dustex 25l or the trend t30. Both appear to have pretty much the same spec' ,however the trend is quite A bit heavier at 11.5 kg compared to 7 kg .The price is much the same too with the trend being about £10 dearer. Can anyone who has experience of either of these models tell me what you think of them? or can anyone recommend something similar? Thanks Phil.

I have the trend t30 and it is very good and powerful even with the fine dust setup, the power take off is rated at 2000w which is very useful for a lot of tools not least being my t11 router, this was the main reason I chose this model to be honest. I have also used it to vac a flood at my daughters school and although not as good as a dedicated machine I did manage to remove 90% of the water from a carpeted room.

I also have the Trend and think it's a great machine.

I only paid £140 (I think) a few years ago for it and it's still running as good as the day I bought it, great suction.

Don't know what the lenth of the Fein suction pipe is but the Trend is pretty long which is something else to consider.

I can't fault the Trend, and the cost of the bags are also quite reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Thanks for the feed-back guys,I think I will be going for the TREND. The Fein also has A 5m hose and pretty much the same in everything else except in the weight (Trend 11.5 kg-Fein 7 kg) I think the extra weight may mean it's A bit sturdier? Phil

Hi
I also had a trend vac and although worrked very well it broke after about 18 months.I opted for the bosch gas25 which has a three year waaranty so maybe worth looking at something with a longish warranty.
Arfon.

I have used the Trend vac regularly for 15 years without any problems as a power tool takeoff and workshop cleaner. Yes it is heavy but it has taken everything that I have asked it to do in its stride.

Simon

The Fein has a 3 year garantee if you register one line it also has a cloth pre filter which keeps the cartridge one clean I have had one for 2 years and think its great

Back