Feeling very violated today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's got plenty of ground to bury them 🤣
Failing that, just retreat to the panic room and called liam neeson ( other hollywood action stars are available, although i wouldnt recommended steven seagull 😆 )

He's got plenty of ground to bury them 🤣
Failing that, just retreat to the panic room and called liam neeson ( other hollywood action stars are available, although i wouldnt recommended steven seagull 😆 )
Aye, but do any of the rest have a badge???

I worked in a school as a technician, im assuming it is a junior school as you mention Year 5&6 pupils (9&10 years old)?
Some kids these days are proper feral & capable of just about anything, carrying sharp pointy things is common.
Be glad you didnt find anyone, few years back a year 9 kid attacked a lady teacher i worked with & i had to intervene & restrain him. He was absolutely insane with rage & intent on getting to her so i was able to hold him back by his ruckack & clothing. If he had turned round & gone for me I would have had no choice but to lump him one (or try).
The cavalry in the form of deputy head & two senior on duty teachers, took some time to arrive & the second question i was asked after "Are you ok?" was "Did you hit him?", My answer was "No but i did think for a while that i might have to!"
It took two strong men to fully restrain that kid & remove him from the area.
One reason im glad i packed in that job.

I worked in a school as a technician, im assuming it is a junior school as you mention Year 5&6 pupils (9&10 years old)?
Some kids these days are proper feral & capable of just about anything, carrying sharp pointy things is common.
Be glad you didnt find anyone, few years back a year 9 kid attacked a lady teacher i worked with & i had to intervene & restrain him. He was absolutely insane with rage & intent on getting to her so i was able to hold him back by his ruckack & clothing. If he had turned round & gone for me I would have had no choice but to lump him one (or try).
The cavalry in the form of deputy head & two senior on duty teachers, took some time to arrive & the second question i was asked after "Are you ok?" was "Did you hit him?", My answer was "No but i did think for a while that i might have to!"
It took two strong men to fully restrain that kid & remove him from the area.
One reason im glad i packed in that job.
Yes Primary school, our oldest kids are 11, we suspect we know the child who broke in based on the toys that were "played" with and the level of disruption caused, if it was him then he would now be in yr9 at secondary school.

When did proper 'parenting' disappear off the agenda ?
About the same time schools allowed children to decide if they want to come to school or not, we have 1 that hardly ever comes in and when they do its rarely more than hour before they are at the front office demanding their parents come collect them because they have had enough, to make matters worse their younger sibling is learning the same behaviour.

Theres so much to this.... the internet ( especially youtube ) has a big part to play in it and these days you arent supposed to reprimand your kids in case you cause them irreparable psychological damage 🤣.
We are guilty of letting ours watch more tv than they should. Ive tried to limit technology but the mrs doesnt back it up, so as soon as im out the way, the tablets reappear 😒

Theres so much to this.... the internet ( especially youtube ) has a big part to play in it and these days you arent supposed to reprimand your kids in case you cause them irreparable psychological damage 🤣.
We are guilty of letting ours watch more tv than they should. Ive tried to limit technology but the mrs doesnt back it up, so as soon as im out the way, the tablets reappear 😒
100% agree but I think tick toc is even worse-how they allow people to post what they do on these sites is beyond comprehension, I can only assume that the money made by advertising is key to why people get away with it and those responsible for these and other sites simply turn a blind eye.

1. Easy way to control kids access to devices is to activate parental controls. Google had Family Link, for e.g. Apple and most games consoles also have parental controls.

2. 2-person response teams are a minimum requirement, as is a big Maglite or similar to act as a self defence club.

3. It is not your job to identify and detain intruders, so turn on all the lights, make plenty of noise, and proceed carefully and slowly, to give intruders plenty of time to scarper.

If you saw a raging monkey trashing a class room, would you rush in to tackle it, or would you lock the door and call the zookeepers? Young men (especially) have a skewed sense of risk vs award, off-the-scale levels of aggression, and poor reasoning skills, all for very good evolutionary reasons and all very maladapted for modern society. Young angry men are essentially raging monkeys, so leave them to the zookeepers, the police

Of course they are, they run the same calculation; get injured confronting some hyper aggressive adrenalised strong young man, or take your time responding so they're long gone...
I have to agree. Now what was it I paid my taxes for ?

100% agree but I think tick toc is even worse-how they allow people to post what they do on these sites is beyond comprehension, I can only assume that the money made by advertising is key to why people get away with it and those responsible for these and other sites simply turn a blind eye.
Im lucky, my kids haven't discovered tiktok 😆

If you saw a raging monkey trashing a class room, would you rush in to tackle it, or would you lock the door and call the zookeepers? Young men (especially) have a skewed sense of risk vs award, off-the-scale levels of aggression, and poor reasoning skills, all for very good evolutionary reasons and all very maladapted for modern society. Young angry men are essentially raging monkeys, so leave them to the zookeepers, the police

This is all very well, but if you work in a school the police will usually not be there & if angry young monkeys are a threat to other pupils, staff & yes, themselves someone has to deal with it.
Teachers & other senior staff are trained in how to control & if necessary restrain out of control kids within strict rules. Support staff such as caretakers & technicians are usually not trained for this.

Be glad you dont work in some colleges, one at least i know all premises staff routinely wear stab vests.
The job isnt worth that.

'Don't work in places where one needs a stab vest' is a pretty good rule to live by.
Definately, personally I couldn't work in 2ndary schools and have been a teacher in a college for a year, too much attitude, intentional damage and graffiti. I love Primary school, I get to be the the biggest child in school and have fun with the kids 🤪

Latest posts

Back