Feeling very sorry for myself and teensy bit worried

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Went to a new physio today to try and sort out my right shoulder that had gradually been stiffening up. (No...not too much planing :wink: ). For the first time ever, I left feeling about 1000% worse then when I went in.

After she'd finished fiddling about with my neck vertebra, I noticed that I had pins and needles in my thumb and all the way up my arm. I'd lost strength and muscle/eye/hand coordination is totally up the creek. She tried to tell me that this was 'normal' and that maybe I had a bit of ossification in one of my vertebra which was irritating the nerve, that I should go home and rest and go in to see her tomorrow morning.

Really worried that she's screwed up my nerves in my arm big time.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Blimey Roger :cry: hope all is well and she was right. I'm sure whe was and after a good night's sleep you'll feel much better

Really sorry to hear that. Being pulled about can produce all sorts of different feelings in the nerves. My wife gets pins & needles in her arm when she has had physio on her neck and shoulder.....tends to have subsided by the next morning. Hopefully yours will subside too. Good luck tomorrow.

Cheers

Howard

I have regular Physio on my back and occaisionally get tingly sensations. It normally wears off withing a few hours.

Hi Rog,

I'm sure that no serious damage can be caused by any type of massaging and probably due to not being used to it. I'm sure it will subside by tommorrow.

cheers, jonny.

Roger

Sorry to hear your news. If its any consolation, I go to an osteopath every few months. Depending on how savage she is, directly depends on how I feel immediately afterwards - sometimes I literally ahve to go to bed because I feel so knackered (and all I did was lie there).

Anyway, see how you get on tomorrow when you revisit. If no joy, I'd go see your doctor pronto or if its as grim as you describe then A&E. Really not worth messing around when it comes to nerves, necks etc. Maybe it'll turn out to be something about nothing - lets hope so, but don't ignore it.

Hope you are back in the fray shortly.

Cheers

Tim

Dear All

Many thanks for all your kind words and support. Mmmm..I appreciate that things usually have to get a bit worse before they get any better but I've never experienced the like before...and I've had my fair share of physio work in the past and neither am I shy to come forward,as it were, when it comes to doctors et al.

So woke up this morning, pins and needles still there but improved by 10%. Eye-hand-muscle coordination better by about 20% so that's good news. Shoulder virtually solid now. My dilemma is this. If there is any likelyhood of permanent damage then I'll be wanting to make a claim. Bearing that in mind, do i let them 'carry on' to try and sort things out or do i go to another physio? If the latter then how would that affect any future claim? I'm in the dark on this one.

Roger

Roger,

See your doctor, and be very polite but firm.

There will definately be a reason that your health is being affected that way and request that a full medical going over at your main hoospital to find the cause.

You have tobe firm because there are most probably a million people suffering with this sort of injury/complaint and those that push the hardest get to the hospital and unfortunately the balance just wait, and wait and wait.

15 years ago I was in a similar condition and it took 2/3 years to get the problem sorted out. The doctor just kept saying I don't know what is wrong.

(6 months of steroids and other drugs sorted it out)

Hi, Roger.

My advice would be to go to your nearest citizens Advice bureau. It would probably be best if you phoned, and made an appointment.

I empathise with you, I broke my leg in a RTA, that was 4yrs ago, I'm still on crutches with a knackered knee.

I hope your condition is temporary. [-o<

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

ATB Gary.

There's only one thing I would add - you are always entitled to a second opinion and if you ask your GP for one they have to arrange it for you. Don't take no for an answer - it's a requirement that they must fulfill on request.

Back