Fed up sharpening pencils

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwetherall

Established Member
Reaction score
There must be a better way. I'm tried every type of pencil going plus biros plus thin markers plus drawing pens (which are excellent but run out in two seconds) knife markers are excellent but I sometimes don't want to mark the wood.
Help. What do the professional use

Always used a box of Staedtler Norris (and a Helix mechanical sharpener) but recently converted to a box of BicMatic mechanical pencils for the same price as the staedtler. 👌

Instead of using the "standard" HB grade, try some of the H grade pencils, they have a harder lead.

Bod.

I bought 1800, I shall retire when used. (surprisingly big delivery box)

The amount of times I got home from work, ...jumped in the shower to hear a slight rattle and looked down to see a small pencil at my feet.....
That was back in the days when I had a full head of hair.....Those days are now long gone and I'm forever losing pencils now they wont stay behind my ear.

I don't get fed up sharpening them? The difference a sharp pencil line makes is significant I've found,
so ensuring it's sharp is a bit of the job?
Always in the same place? Behind your ear, in your toolbag, just 'there' in the shelf, whatever's appropriate; just always return it?

I don't get fed up sharpening them? The difference a sharp pencil line makes is significant I've found,
so ensuring it's sharp is a bit of the job?
Always in the same place? Behind your ear, in your toolbag, just 'there' in the shelf, whatever's appropriate; just always return it?
some of us arent that logical. Humans being different and all that...

Pencils are always a problem, never find one when needed and then when you find one the lead is broken, it then has to be sharpened and you end up with a stubb because the lead keeps falling out as you sharpen it. What about tape measures, they are the same and even when you have many they all hide when you look for any one of them.

I think your use of the singular highlights the root of your problem.
I am the exact opposite. If I have 50 pencils I won't be able to find any. If I only have 1 I can always find it. Of course it will still be blunt.

Latest posts

Back