FC 32

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone using the FC 32 jig from FC tools to make worktops with 20mm holes, this looks like a sound solution but there is not a lot in the way of videos unless you are on facebook!

Peter is using some cheap looking pressed tin jig with his router, the one I am looking at mainly for use with my little Bosch router is this one, FC32 For festool and bosch rails - FC Tools ltd which is a well engineered tool that would mainly be used for general routing using my Makita tracksaw rail but can also use the LR32 holes to make worktops or fit shelf pins.

Lets drop LR32, now anyone using a router sled on a tracksaw rail? The FC tools products are really high quality and is why they are not cheap. I was looking at sleds for the Bosch Gkf600, this one is not a sled but for £45 Bosch Base Plate GKF600 - Solid Aluminium Base Plate - FC Tools ltd it is for the non plunge base and allows you to use guide bushes and gives a larger suport area. Looking more specifically at sleds this one for the Makita track looked ideal Bosch Router Sled for Bosch Router GKF 600 - FC Tools ltd at £99 but again only for the non plunge base as far as I can tell and I want to use my plunge base, this is where the LR32 base comes in, forget the LR32 ability it allows the Bosch plunge base to be used on a track so not cheap at £165 but is there anything else out there similar?

Back to the LR32 ability with holes in a tracksaw rail, another option here would be a simple adaptor plate to allow you to use a Domino on the Bosch sled and now precise domino positioning at 32mm spacing.

No, it’s about £140 Only works with Festool routers though.
Peter, if you don't mind can I please ask why you don’t use the LR32 system for drilling hinge holes in your videos? Is it just that you already had a process with your drill press or do you not like the system for this?

Sean

Peter, if you don't mind can I please ask why you don’t use the LR32 system for drilling hinge holes in your videos? Is it just that you already had a process with your drill press or do you not like the system for this?

Sean
I find the whole ‘32mm system’ too fussy; I make the cabinets the size they need to be, and put the hinges where I feel is right, and use thenLR32 for the shelf pins. 🤷‍♂️👍

I can add some further info having been in contact with FC tools. Their jig for the LR32 system fits Bosch / Maefell and Festool but not Makita rails because of the anti tilt lip Makita uses but Frank can machine the Festool one to fit. My question is, would it be better to have a Makita rail with this lip removed, something I will discuss with Fc tools. My main reason for this LR32 sled is not so much the 32 mm holes but that it can take the Bosch 1/4 router with the plunge base, the other sled only takes the fixed base.

I completely agree with
I find the whole ‘32mm system’ too fussy; I make the cabinets the size they need to be

Because if everyone uses the same tools or system then they are restricted by that system and you end up with everything looking similar because you lose individuality, you start designing to suit your tools rather like the tail wagging the dog.

Latest posts

Back