Faux brick wall panels, anybody used these?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OscarG

Established Member
Reaction score
Trying help a friend of mine who's interested in getting this done (and recruited me to help install it!) on 2 walls in his lounge.

He likes the idea of these panels, so you don't see a join line...

P147c.jpg

From a quick search it seems a whole range of materials.

If anyone has installed these, do you have any recommendations for a supplier?

Cheers!

You have to get them properly lined up because once you see it, it's all you can see...

ZHf8Qjc.png

oh... yeah see what you mean.

Are they the uPVC type?

Can I ask where you bought your ones from?

This is the sort of thing the next owner of the house will be ripping off, asking "whatever possessed them to do that ?" Like polystyrene ceiling tiles and Artex.

Other option is this. A neighbour did something similar but used individual brick faces (clay/ceramic type) along with L shaped ones for the external corners (he did his chimney breast rather than a wall) and it looks well (ish). No doubt the panels would be less work but alignment, as mentioned and grouting to match would take some care.
Like this:

[youtube]tDeS7cqCFLg[/youtube]

Not sure about a "work of art"....

I did a kitchen last Summer and the Client had used these thin Bricks as a feature wall in their house..

20180710_115946.jpg

You can see the wall in the background....

Attachments

• 20180710_115946.jpg
    20180710_115946.jpg
    837.1 KB · Views: 382
Sheffield Tony":35l2xxcn said:
This is the sort of thing the next owner of the house will be ripping off, asking "whatever possessed them to do that ?" Like polystyrene ceiling tiles and Artex.
You'll never please all of the people all of the time. I finished painting white all the stripped pine in my late Victorian house the same week as my friend finished stripping all the white paintwork back to pine in his. :lol:
(btw - you forgot woodchip wallpaper, stuck on with strongest adhesive ever invented. :D )

I think I've removed all the things mentioned from my house. Woodchip, stuck on stone tiles, papier machee fake brickwork, polystyrene ceiling tiles, artex, and a light fitting that looked like the spaceship from close encounters. The effort involved in getting the ceilings back to simple, smooth and white was enormous. Only the Artex in the kitchen remains.

Sheffield Tony":n8kbx9wa said:
I think I've removed all the things mentioned from my hous...... artex....... Only the Artex in the kitchen remains.

Standard architect's warning: Artex contained asbestos well into the 70s. If in doubt as to the age of the Artex in your house, you should either have a sample tested, or leave it in situ. Skimming directly over Artex is doable, depending on the pattern.

Artex and woodchip wallpaper is an invention from the devil, …. The devil I tells ya ….

MikeG.":19ltiydb said:
Sheffield Tony":19ltiydb said:
I think I've removed all the things mentioned from my hous...... artex....... Only the Artex in the kitchen remains.

Standard architect's warning: Artex contained asbestos well into the 70s. If in doubt as to the age of the Artex in your house, you should either have a sample tested, or leave it in situ. Skimming directly over Artex is doable, depending on the pattern.
I read about that just after I'd sanded off the highest peaks of the bathroom ceiling and re- skimmed it :(

OscarG":3kimid5t said:
oh... yeah see what you mean.

Are they the uPVC type?

Can I ask where you bought your ones from?

I can't tell you, they're not actually mine. It's from a Youtube channel I watch.

Back