fathers day pressie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
my lads got me this:

DSCF3750.jpg

well chuffed!

Steve

I was most happy to recieve the full compliment package of band ofbrothers in Bluray format. :D

Rich.

CNC Paul":200ioczp said:
I got the Defected in the House Ibiza 09 double CD, that will be played very loud in the workshop

It's good

I got the latest MOS Chilled offering - v. good.

And a beer glass and keyring.

And permission to buy a little something off e-bay, but more of that later.......

Cheers

Karl

Edit - and a giant Toblerone which i'm scoffing now.

TheTiddles":2cp95s91 said:
Isn't Father's Day a creation from a couple of years ago? We never do it...

Aidan

I don't care if it was created yesterday, I DO like recieving presents. :wink: :lol:

Rich.

Got membership of the Southern Woodworkers Fellowship (I think that's what it's called) who had a stand at West Dean, which was thoughtful.

I don't really care when it was invented either although the Americans claim to have invented it in around 1910.

Jim

Yet another "celebration" invented by the card manufacturers.

Still, a present is a present. Just tell them not to bother with a card.

PeterBassett":2n4ryxvs said:
Yet another "celebration" invented by the card manufacturers.

Still, a present is a present. Just tell them not to bother with a card.

You get presents :shock: who started giving presents :? I think it was a card manufacture who wanted to sell cards "Hallmark" comes to mine.Next thing is your going to have to dress up on that day? Your not doing that too are you?I`m going to have to move to your side of the pond,you guys are way ahead of us on giving presents :D
I do remember that when I was over seas with the Army in the Sixtys the Germans who worked on the base wanted time off for their holidays and ours too.... :roll: 4 of July :?: What are they celebrating??Oh another day off.

TheTiddles":zdhdwesa said:
Isn't Father's Day a creation from a couple of years ago? We never do it...

Aidan

From about 1905, I think.
In the USA, made into an official holiday by Nixon in 1972 (ish).

Maybe your family just never told you about it, Aidan? :p

Jim

Back