Fat Angel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonluv

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to All,

Had a piece of 11/4 inch Fir thought I'd try a free standing Angel not too happy think she will have to slim!!

But new saw cut well and I think the "spin" about the longer stroke clearing out the sawdust and lengthening the blade life could be correct as I have cut 6 pieces on same blade

John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 931
She ain't fat, that's curvy! Hmmmm curves....

Did I just say that out loud?

I'll get my coat

Sent from my GT-I9300

Its the way she dances, very nice and I like the Dino as well, might have a go at one of them myself, where did you get the pattern?

Hi Toesy

If you pm me I can email both patterns, I only have an IPad so you may have to sort the sizes out at your end

John

Actually really dig both, excellent work. My kids would love puzzles like that, looks like I'm going to be busy in the scroll room (unheated porch)

Sent from my GT-I9300

Hi Graham,

For the 11/4 put it on 7 (1325 per min) so I don't know what no10 will take perhaps it's for 21/2 inches plus?

I cut some very dense Birch ply 25mm and the difference to the Delta was amazing, so glad I got it.

Cheers

John

Can I ask what the finishes are on the angel, and how the lines are drawn?

Harry

Sent from my GT-I9300

Hi Harry,
No finish on either sometimes I rub beeswax on or perhaps some tung oil but not decided yet , don't understand " the lines drawn"

John

Sorry, didn't explain well haha. I assumed that due to the different colours, there was different finishes. By lines, I meant in the angel, is it a single piece and the features drawn on?

Sent from my GT-I9300

No this is what they call segmentation : you put a plan on a piece of wood cut it then shape it using Dremel/ wheels/ sandpaper etc, stain it and put it back together.

It's the little brother of Intarsia, where instead of stains you use different colours of hardwoods I used to do a lot of Intarsia but saw a TV programme showing the destruction of the rain forests and in my youth (50's)had spent some time in Borneo so felt I would protest buy not buying anymore hardwood but don't mind using reclaimed/ recycled stuff and of course Intarsia is harder to do

The stains I use I make myself cos it's cheap!

John

jonluv":3kralc0l said:
No this is what they call segmentation : you put a plan on a piece of wood cut it then shape it using Dremel/ wheels/ sandpaper etc, stain it and put it back together.

It's the little brother of Intarsia, where instead of stains you use different colours of hardwoods I used to do a lot of Intarsia but saw a TV programme showing the destruction of the rain forests and in my youth (50's)had spent some time in Borneo so felt I would protest buy not buying anymore hardwood but don't mind using reclaimed/ recycled stuff and of course Intarsia is harder to do

The stains I use I make myself cos it's cheap!

John
I also had assumed it was a single piece of wood with lines drawn on it. This makes it even nicer.

I agree with Harry, she is just curvy! :D
Very nicely finished John, as is Dino dinosaur. Admittedly I am a rank beginner to scrolling at the minute, but I have yet to produce anything even close to such quality.

Back