Fast dovetails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DovetailingNewb":2nh121tq said:
ydb1md":2nh121tq said:
I'm surprised that no one's mentioned his choice in, um, bench appliances. My wife walked behind me and asked me what I was watching. Her comment was, "OMG, does that thing need batteries?" :roll:

I was only trying to be funny in relaying something that I found humorous; I thought the video as a whole was educational. I wasn't disparaging or dismissive of Rob at all. Defending him when there was no attack and bringing someone's wife into a reply is completely uncalled for.

ydb1md":hvevd83b said:
I was only trying to be funny in relaying something that I found humorous; I thought the video as a whole was educational. I wasn't disparaging or dismissive of Rob at all. Defending him when there was no attack and bringing someone's wife into a reply is completely uncalled for.

Yes i realize that now, and I as previously mentioned, I apologize.

wizer":fu43p8g6 said:
What is our equivalent of SYP?

I don't think we have anything as nice as SYP Tom. For me, the best pine species come in from the States, and there's a premium on them over here. I.e Douglas fir, SYP, pitch pine and parana pine.

If I were using pine fordrawer sides, I'd choose parana pine (which used to be known as SYP in some parts of the UK.) because you can find quarter-sawn planks.

Oooops! I would also use SYP of course...

HTH

John

I see Murphy's Law is operation again... Dunno how many times someone's asked about learning to cut dovetails and I've said 'Rob Cosman's yer man' and the one time I'm critical... #-o :lol: Oh well, still stand by what I wrote and appreciate Rob posting his counter opinion - hope you hang around, Rob.

(Now can I show off my first ever attempt at a mitred dovetail, based solely on a certain DVD? Just to prove I'm a fan usually? Can I? Well I will anyway. S'okay, it's only a link.) :wink:

Alf":221w2l7e said:
I see Murphy's Law is operation again... Dunno how many times someone's asked about learning to cut dovetails and I've said 'Rob Cosman's yer man' and the one time I'm critical... #-o :lol: Oh well, still stand by what I wrote and appreciate Rob posting his counter opinion - hope you hang around, Rob.

(Now can I show off my first ever attempt at a mitred dovetail, based solely on a certain DVD? Just to prove I'm a fan usually? Can I? Well I will anyway. S'okay, it's only a link.) :wink:
Nice Alf :wink: ...your'e up and running now. Secret mitres next...and remember, it's all in the setting out :) - Rob

Well I am so glad this discussion progressed because so far I had "Society of Young Publishers", "Scottish Youth Parliament", "South Yorkshire Police"........

Dont'cha just love acronyms!

:wink:

Jim

newt":2vfo4ur5 said:
well yes, but it is spelt different, c instead of the s :p

Interesting. There's an entire Wikipedia page devoted to American and British spelling differences. Personally, I think our U.S. spelling variations are less colorful (or colourful) than their European counterparts.

jimi43":k103d2mo said:

Jim
I do. But only 'cos I have http://www.acronymfinder.com bookmarked.

I will go away with my 'Bravo' now; possibly pausing to frame it. Don't mind me...
1826539354_b1c7f45be4_o.gif

robcosman":jgs53y2n said:
For any orders I receive off my website, if you mention this thread I will send 30% of the total to the Red Cross Haiti fund.
Rob

Just for curiosity (not about this laudable initiative): how many saws do you usually sell in a month and how many do you ship to Europe?

yes and can you also print your last three months bank statements... :lol:

woodbloke":3fw4w587 said:
jimi43":3fw4w587 said:

Jim
Try working for the MOD...complete 'mare :shock: - Rob

Nah! I have worked for the MOD and the mobile telcos have got them knocked into a cocked hat, I have read documents where it was all acronyms apart from a few connective words. Plus we get to make words up ;)

Back