Fancy Bird Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonStevensCanes

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
With spring arriving and having been working from home since March 2020, I decided that I wanted to see birds out of my office window.

I had some oak salvaged from cabinet doors, so I made a fancy bird table 😍.

49E74C3F-02E4-43F8-86CD-EF574B410CA3.jpeg 7596C396-E1B4-4993-8996-58A49BEC9CF3.jpeg C16CF685-6B38-4C05-ACFB-D16F7FDEE60A.jpeg

I’ve totally disregarded any consideration of wood movement or effects of water, so I fully expect it to warp and bow and tear itself apart, but that’s ok, I’ll just rebuild 🥸

Last edited:
I'd love to make some birdhouses, but it wouldn't be the birds which it would attract.
It's a bit too nice if you know what I mean.
Have a think about putting that at the back of the house, especially as you're wanting to build a workshop.
All the best

That's a really cool looking bird table, even got seats for them so they can sit down and have a wee chat!! :LOL: I normally put a couple of hooks on the table to hang additional feeders for fat balls (not mine!) and Niger seeds to attract finches. It's lovely to sit and see the birds enjoying some food and see the different characters of the birds and the pecking order. Feed them and they will come visit you.

Scale that bad boy up Human Bean size ,Nice chunky Oak post's and beams , i bet it would look smashing in the back garden :)

Good job...alway like building bird tables & nest boxes yours looks the business..
birds have route they take for food it will take a bit for them to spot yours and then it is fair game who gets the food first..lol.

I have a great book full of Bird boxes & nest boxes plans, most are very elaborate, keep meaning to get round to
scanning it and posting it on the forum.
Keep up the good work.:)

It took them a couple of weeks to start using the one I built last year (also Oak). Nowadays it is in constant use.

I have a great book full of Bird boxes & nest boxes plans, most are very elaborate, keep meaning to get round to
scanning it and posting it on the forum.
Keep up the good work.:)

Please do when you get the time. I made three a couple of years ago - one for myself and another for two other family members. Everything except the base was made from offcuts and scraps of wood found around the workshop and the occasional skip. (I do always ask when rifling through skips and paladins). When I relocated again I gave my one to my next door neighbour as it was too long to fit in the car and I'd left it too late to go in the vans. In hindsight, making free standing ones with a wide base was a mistake - the wind would have it over every few weeks - we're in the High Peak district and have some really forceful winds regularly.

With spring arriving and having been working from home since March 2020, I decided that I wanted to see birds out of my office window.

I had some oak salvaged from cabinet doors, so I made a fancy bird table 😍.

View attachment 104453 View attachment 104454 View attachment 104455

I’ve totally disregarded any consideration of wood movement or effects of water, so I fully expect it to warp and bow and tear itself apart, but that’s ok, I’ll just rebuild 🥸
Looks good !
Just made a nestbox, butterfly house and bumble bee nester but not out of oak!

Has anyone got any working plans for a 4 hipped slate bird table ? I’m bobbins at making stuff without plans .

Last edited:
Back