Fame at last ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomValente

Established Member
Reaction score
My workshop is situated close to Elstree Studios,consequently many clients are drawn from the world of film and television. These stars of stage and screen frequent our shopping and workshop community because they know that we will respect their desire to be allowed to browse and shop in peace. Many of my clients are household names but discretion denies me the use of their fame for publicity purposes.
UNTIL NOW. Two weeks ago I was visited by the set designer and prop manager for a popular T.V. show, they proceeded to explain what they needed and how it should look rustic and as if it had been made by a landscape gardener with loving care. Two hours of consultation, several phone calls(one at 9 p.m.) and two days later it was finished. The item will be shown in the series on the week commencing the 27th. of February. I am led to believe it will be in the final scenes of an episode(in close-up)as it obviously has sentimental attachments to the person concerned
So make a note in your diaries to watch my 15 seconds of fame.
Oh, did I mention it's a picture frame made from Oak tree bark and the show is Eastenders.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank..........................

Dom(I can't work with these lights)

PS I've never been paid so promptly or by nicer people

Just in case any of you forgot to set your videos or sky+, next week is the premier of this faaaaabulous piece at a screen very near you.
Not that I'm egocentric but all plaudits and ridicule will be accepted and brushed off respectively.

Dom

A very nice gloat, Dom!

As I will not have opportunity to see the piece on the TV, any chance of posting a picture once the show airs?

Take care, Mike

Nice one Dom . If you get in with the set designers your made for life !

congrats dom hollywood beckons , shame its on eastenders :wink: he he he

Fantastic.....Its on Series link in this house, so ive told the kids not to delete them this week so i can take a peek...I also have the technology here to capture a few screens shots if i get to see it :wink:

Only joking, Dom :wink: Working with broadcasters can be very frustrating. It will no doubt appear when you are not looking :?

Paul

And it was certainly worth waiting for, screens shots do not do it justice....oh and before i forget, i was disturbed in the workshop just to come in and see it live :)

east1.jpg

east2.jpg

No! But SWMBO has it sussed, tape every episode this week and watch them at high speed, now I know why I married her.
Please delete this when you have read it.

Dom

saw the picture frame.... great.

The ultimate gloat - I used to be based as in Manor Way and did work on the studios.

Well done....Although I did have to endure EasteEnders to see it...

Well done, Dom

=D> =D> =D> =D>

I never watch East Enders myself, but I'm reliably informed that they are forever showing omnibus editions and repeats. If so, you've probably just invented the recurring gloat, which I suppose is a gloat in itself, over and above your original gloat.

Blimey, I've now completely confused myself, being relatively new to the concept of gloatsville. Must go and lie down........

Paul

Back