Fame at last!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Philly, thick as a 2 x 4, tanalised.....
Well done Steve.

Noel, who's all ears.

ok steve sorry, sir steve :roll: who or what is pm ??? and will it make you as famous as the right hon sir philly of the cast iron clan :whistle: \:D/ . and oh yes im with :sign3: cos i dont know .

Hi Steve

Congratulations. I bet you were one of the people who complained when they changed the signature tune, weren't you?

So do tell, what was said?

Cheers
Neil

I was offering the following deep philosophical observation of the local dialect, after Thursday's interviws with hooded young people in Nottingham:

Hi Eddie
Am I the only one who coudn't understand a word your interviewees said - and I live in Nottingham! I'd like the country to know that we don't all talk like that round here.

Innit.

Steve Maskery

It's a good job you wrote that and didn't phone it in... they might not have been able to understand your broad East Midland accent ;) :).

Gill (ducking!)

PS I thought Nottingham was proud of its association with hooded men?

Nope, sorry, still totally lost here: who/what, or where, is PM in this context?

PM is a current affairs/news programme broadcast on BBC Radio 4 at 5 pm each weekday for an hour. There's more about it here.

Gill

Thanks folks - my cultural education continues.. :) (I've always refused to listen to radio 4, because then I'll be 'old'... 8) )

Shady":1s45bxit said:
(I've always refused to listen to radio 4, because then I'll be 'old'...

I know what you mean - its the plays that drive me insane - what over acted twaddle. However, my definer of 'old' is listening to Radio 2 (or aural Daily Mail as it should be known).

The trouble is Radio 1 and 2 would be fine if they were DJ less. I'm tempted to by a digital (or 'digidal' as the annoying announcer calls it on BBC) radio but I'm not sure how much better things will be then - commercials etc etc. The one I'm thinking about is the Pure Bug because of the rewind option - I always want to hear something just as I need to make a lot of noise.

What do others listen to?

Cheers

Tim

I like the news broadcasts on Radio 4 but my radio is usually tuned to Radio 5. Two things make me re-tune or put a cd on; phone-ins (Radio 5 seems to have an unconscionable amount of those :roll: ) and Simon Mayo.

I also enjoy listening to BBC7's re-runs of comedy classics such as 'Just A Minute', 'The Navy Lark', 'Yes Minister', 'Round The Horne' etc plus their classic plays. In fact, I record them on to my computer, transfer them to cd, and play them in the car on long journeys.

As for being old - I started listening to Radio 4 when I was still at school. I've rarely listened to anything on Radio 2 though.

Come to think of it, I spend more time listening to the radio than watching TV and I enjoy it far more.

Gill

Gill
How do you record radio to your hard disk, please?

I knew Simon Mayo in a previous life. Where he were a lad, he was a DJ on Radio Nottingham, and we used to go to the same church at that time. One of his interests is magic, thogh I don't think he ever performed, and he once came round to my house for a magic evening. I never got to know him very well, but he always seemed like quite a nice guy (in a young, trendy, media, happening, cool, with-it sort of way - I was never any of those things, not even the young, as far as I can recall!).

Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve

I've got Sky hooked up to a TV card in my pooter. If I want to record radio, I simply record the radio broadcast on Sky as a TV programme, save it, then convert it to MPEG. I'm sure others will have different techniques, but this works fine for me.

Gill

Gill i might just nick your idea! I spend upwards of 20 hours a week in the car these days, and we don't have the benefit of BBC radio - so are forced to live trough 20% comercials on most stations.

I grew up listning to Radio 4 'cause we could get in on LW in Luxembourg - I can still remember wondering (at a very young age) why tthe people in the radio could not read their clocks properly - PM came on at 6PM as far as I was concerened!

Back