Fallen for a scam?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark A

Established Member
Reaction score
I applied for a part-time job last night, and 47 minutes later I received an email saying that I had been accepted and to send them £39.99 for my profile to be placed on their website. Obviously I'm not going to send them anything, but I am concerned that I have supplied details, such as my name, address, email, DOB, work references and vehicle information. I know all this info is readily available on the internet, but can they use it in any way? I also validated the application by responding to an email.

I googled the company this morning and it doesn't come up with anything, but when I type in thir web address it finds a forum where someone has posted "the scum are at it again," so sounds like I'm not the only one who's fallen for it.

It was stupid to not check up on them first... #-o

Mark

I also applied for this job via Gumtree which they advertise on every day, as soon as I read the £39 bit I deleted the email.

Mark, I have reported it to Gumtree via the 'contact us' tab.

Steve

I recd a spam message from the Better Business Bureau based in California regarding a complaint one of customers had made about my Co.
"Click the attachment to find out the details!"
Oh yea - straight into the trash it went.

Rod

Steve Jones":jg4iesay said:
I also applied for this job via Gumtree which they advertise on every day, as soon as I read the £39 bit I deleted the email.

Mark, I have reported it to Gumtree via the 'contact us' tab.

Steve

I've also reported the advert. Sorry you also fell for it.

Mark

Just an update, I've just had an email from Gumtree requesting a bit more info. They're of the same opinion as us and looking into it.

Regards

Steve

Latest posts

Back