Faithfull FPP WL36 lathe. Missing accessories and manual, help needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning guys,

I'm helping one of our friends in the village clear out some of her late husbands 'stuff' in the garage.

He had a Faithfull FPP WL36 lathe which i've said i'll clean up and try to sell for her.

Its cleaned up ok and is looking half decent now. And as it happens the young lass next door has said she'll buy it as a birthday present for her boyfriend (he's a tree surgeon, very nice polite young lad) Happy Birthday..!!

It works fine but is lacking in 'accessories' that may have come with it originally. Its got a 4" faceplate and a small tool rest but thats it. Oh, it also has a chuck of some description, couldn't tell you a make or model. Looks as though its operated by a 'C' spanner... which is missing.

Can anyone point me in the direction of obtaining/downloading a manual for it please.?

Any help would be much appreciated....

Nick

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like one of the single round bed bar clones similar to the Clarke CWL12D - manual attached.
If so then the specs were fairly standard. A photo of both the lathe & chuck would be helpful.

Attachments

• Lathe - Clarke CWL12D.pdf
    339.3 KB · Views: 30
Hi Robbo.... thank you for the PDF i'll print that off :) (y)

photos, yes should have thought about that 🙄

here you go....

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image6.jpeg

The chuck looks to be an old Record RP 3000. I don't have the instructions for it but IIRC someone on the forum does.
This may help. The large circlip keeps the jaw spacing whilst an elastic band holds them together.
- Record RP3000

The chuck looks to be an old Record RP 3000. I don't have the instructions for it but IIRC someone on the forum does.
This may help. The large circlip keeps the jaw spacing whilst an elastic band holds them together.
- Record RP3000

Here we go.

Attachments

• RP3000X_Power_Chuck.pdf
    13.9 MB · Views: 37
Thank you all for your replies, it was collected yesterday and he was super excited to start having a go :)(y) (i've told him to join a local woodturning club, he lives in Henley, and to try and get at least one professional 1on1 lesson)

I printed off the manual and had a read through. It says its got a 3/4" UNF thread, can anyone help... is that the same as the 3/4" 16tpi inserts that are sold.?

As an aside i told him to join this forum as theres a wealth of knowledge to be tapped in to :giggle:

I dont suppose anyone knows the RAL numbers for the blue and red colours of the 12" clamps i'm trying to restore.?
1631437497549.png

As always cheers in advance, an amazing forum....!!

Nick

Hi nick nak... yes your right....I have a 3/4 16 insert for my Rutland chuck....yes it will fit yours.
So anything with that thread will be ok on Faithful.
Enjoy....

Can't tell you RAL colours but if no one can help, try this.

There is a free app for android called Physics Toolbox, gets data from all the sensors on your phone. There might be an ios one too, never looked.

One tool is colour sensor, which will generate a hex code for whatever you point it at. There is a free converter website, search for hex to RAL, which will find it. You can also convert hex to rgb etc. You need decent daylight, artificial light might mess it up.

Back