Facial Reprise Only Temporary

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Following on from a sander that went into orbit and whacked me in the chest, today it was the turn of a drill. I was drilling out some dog holes when the bit snagged and drill swung round to whack me full in the face. The boss says I look like I've gone a few rounds with Tyson. Again, could have been worse, could have been the 5Ah battery! Guess that's what I get for being "a rootless godless satanic communist hell-bent on destroying western civilization."! I object to the communist part - that's a bit too political for me!

What was your face doing that close to the bench or are you using very long bits?
You do give new meaning to the phrase" school of hard knocks". ;)

Pete

Lonsdale73":393iso46 said:
Guess that's what I get for being "a rootless godless satanic communist hell-bent on destroying western civilization."! I object to the communist part - that's a bit too political for me!

=D> :mrgreen:

Inspector":3jubxlt1 said:
What was your face doing that close to the bench or are you using very long bits?
You do give new meaning to the phrase" school of hard knocks". ;)

Pete

I'm a short a**e

Lonsdale73":eh17ohtl said:
... I was drilling out some dog holes when the bit snagged and drill swung round to whack me full in the face. ..
I never have that problem.
Eggbeaters.jpg

Do you want to borrow one? Okay - so just use smaller dogs (hammer)

Cheers, Vann

Attachments

• Eggbeaters.jpg
    Eggbeaters.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 446
Sympathies. Only the fact that I am a 6ft, 210lb bruiser saved me from a broken wrist when my mains drill jammed badly in a floor joist I was prepping for a cable run. Sheer bulk and inertia defeated an alleged 1hp...couldn't lift a tea mug with that wrist for three days though.

Sam

Vann":a6eixnr2 said:
Lonsdale73":a6eixnr2 said:
... I was drilling out some dog holes when the bit snagged and drill swung round to whack me full in the face. ..
I never have that problem.

Do you want to borrow one? Okay - so just use smaller dogs (hammer)

Cheers, Vann

T-shirt crimper's!

Pete

Blimey Lonsdale.... maybe you should take up something safer like knitting :wink:

Maybe you should take up some self-defence classes before going back to workshop.

Hope your latest injury heals up soon!

You can take out an eye with a knitting needle and there may be scissors too! He just need to bundle up in bubble wrap and get back on the horse that bucked him off. :lol:

Pete

Inspector":1b3qa9ez said:
You can take out an eye with a knitting needle and there may be scissors too! He just need to bundle up in bubble wrap and get back on the horse that bucked him off. :lol:

Pete

Are you calling me a cowboy, pilgrim?

Inspector":1yjrs4yb said:
Either that or potentially a pirate in a nice sweater.

Pete

Then you are doing a great disservice - to cowboys!

I don't understand why we in the UK refer to dodgy tradesmen as "cowboys" when actual cowboys are master horsemen (and women too). Unlikely to get any media exposure but currently we have a team of six (mostly) young women out in S. Africa, representing the UK at the World Barrel Racing Championship, a sport that grew out of a demand to offer something for the wives and girlfriends of cowboys entering rodeo events.

Personally, I'd rather take my chances with the drill! Although if I was guaranteed just a fraction of Johnny Depps looks, talents, wealth and life then I'd be willing to at least try the pirate route.

Back