Facebook

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been on there for quite a while but was wondering whether to do a business type page as so many companies now seem to be doing so.

I'm registered on it but only tend to go on it when family tell me they have put some photos up to look at. Some of the folks at work spend all their time on it which would drive me made. Now, this forum, that's different :D

regards

Brian

i wouldnt bother Dodge. Works for some items more than others, but I wouldnt even think to look there for bespoke furniture.

No I'm not looking for more business - running about 7 month lead at the moment :shock:

just though that as alot of people seem to be doing it.

I only go on facebook occasionally - havnt got time as I'm always on here! :lol: :lol:

I use it for Business and it has worked at least once. I try to ask everyone how they found me but I often forget. A guy knocked on my door and said he had seem my Facebook page and as I was just around the corner he though to pop in instead of calling. He asked me to make a butchers block and after taking the picture of the completed thing and advertising it I got more orders from others and have sold many more from my Amazon shop.

Some recent marketing figures. About 4 months old. Source can be revealed but I'd prefer not to as I may get into some trouble.

Age group upto 30yrs 58% look first on Facebook for business or domestic purchases to find suppliers. No real split between Business and Domestic but thought to be 65% Business.

Age group 31 to 40 53% use Facebook to find suppliers

Age group 41 to 50 31% use facebook to find suppliers. This group is more likely to also use other media such as web sites, advertising and brochures. Less IT savvy.

Age group 51 to 60 14% use Facebook to find suppliers

Age group 61 to ?? less than 6% use Facebook to find suppliers.

I guess its obvious that the older less IT savvy people are less interested in social media or prefer other forms of communication like talking to one another :roll: =D>

regards
Alan

I'm lucky I don't need anymore work , i have about 2 years pending.... so I use it to keep in touch with the family as we are dotted all around Europe and a few in Oz and USA, i very rarely post on there .

I never think of using Facebook for anything. If a business doesn't have a properly maintained website they don't appear on my radar.

RogerP":4buwcow7 said:
I never think of using Facebook for anything. If a business doesn't have a properly maintained website they don't appear on my radar.

Couldn't agree more but teenagers and the like look at it the other way round, in business terms these are the next generation of buyer.

I've got an FB page but not for business reasons, just for keeping up to date with the kids and family - Rob

beech1948":20hst1c3 said:
Some recent marketing figures. About 4 months old. Source can be revealed but I'd prefer not to as I may get into some trouble.

Age group upto 30yrs 58% look first on Facebook for business or domestic purchases to find suppliers. No real split between Business and Domestic but thought to be 65% Business.

Age group 31 to 40 53% use Facebook to find suppliers

Age group 41 to 50 31% use facebook to find suppliers. This group is more likely to also use other media such as web sites, advertising and brochures. Less IT savvy.

Age group 51 to 60 14% use Facebook to find suppliers

Age group 61 to ?? less than 6% use Facebook to find suppliers.

I guess its obvious that the older less IT savvy people are less interested in social media or prefer other forms of communication like talking to one another :roll: =D>

regards
Alan

Those figures really surprise me. I struggle to believe that half of anybody under 40 use fb to find suppliers, when amongst myself and similarly ages friends, I do not know anybody at all that would do so. That is not to say that it is not right, but have half of the under 40's even got an account? I wonder whether google throws up facebook within the searches, so that skews the data?

marcros":q294kb4i said:
Those figures really surprise me. I struggle to believe that half of anybody under 40 use fb to find suppliers, when amongst myself and similarly ages friends, I do not know anybody at all that would do so. That is not to say that it is not right, but have half of the under 40's even got an account? I wonder whether google throws up facebook within the searches, so that skews the data?

They are just plain wrong - 53% how do you get a figure that accurate unless it's just counting stuff in searches?

I think your last sentence is the probable answer.

Meaningless statistics - as usual. :)

Latest posts

Back