Face masks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've long ago come to the conclusion that our friend who purports to be a greek farmer is actually sat in one of those fake news factories in Russia. It's the only logical explanation for all the disinformation he relentlessly churns out. Yeah, I know... paranoid or what. But they have a very sophisticated operation going on over there. It's not just facebook and twitter.
It's not often I get called sophisticated. Thank you.

You are welcome to come and visit - it's really quite nice where I live. Hardly a goolag in sight. In the meantime, Russia has announced announced a working vaccine today, but it it's probably a despicable plot to undermine western values, or something.

.......announced a working vaccine without publishing any results, and before the stage C trials had completed. You're perfectly welcome to rush out to have that stuck in your arm, but I'll just wait until some proper science is completed, thanks.

To Quote TN (my retort as to why he is not scared is in Italics)
It turns out that, unlike almost everyone else who likes to contribute to this thread, I am not living in a state of perpetual fear and panic induced by the media and government combined terror propaganda services. Some of things I am not scared of:

Russian tank divisions thundering through the Fulder Gap to over-run NATO countries. They no longer have enough tanks or petrol money to have enough divisions operational to do that
Russians generally (except when driving). TN still thinks the Russians have that many tank divisions
Covid19 He lives too far away for anyone to bother walking that far to give him it
Catastrophic anthropomorphic climate change His hammock is up high enough to not be drowned by rising sea levels
Brexit Tn already lives in an economic hellhole
China TN lives in a place where they know how to break a plate

To Quote TN (my retort as to why he is not scared is in Italics)
It turns out that, unlike almost everyone else who likes to contribute to this thread, I am not living in a state of perpetual fear and panic induced by the media and government combined terror propaganda services. Some of things I am not scared of:

Russian tank divisions thundering through the Fulder Gap to over-run NATO countries. They no longer have enough tanks or petrol money to have enough divisions operational to do that
Russians generally (except when driving). TN still thinks the Russians have that many tank divisions
Covid19 He lives too far away for anyone to bother walking that far to give him it
Catastrophic anthropomorphic climate change His hammock is up high enough to not be drowned by rising sea levels
Brexit Tn already lives in an economic hellhole
China TN lives in a place where they know how to break a plate
Not a bad effort - well done for having a go.

About Russian driving:

As for the rest of it - I'm sure you can do better. You are in danger of coming over as vindictive, which I am sure isn't your intent.

Went out for Lunch yesterday. Chap came into the restaurant wearing a mask, fair enough, he then sat down still wearing it, fair enough maybe. He then ate, sliding the mask down for each sip of drink or bite of food, putting it back up afterwards. Some very strange people.

Also, can anyone explain the purpose of those clear visors I am starting to see more of? I am sure they are much more comfortable to wear than a face masks in hot weather, but what benefit are they supposed to give? Strikes me they are worse than masks with valves on them.

Also, can anyone explain the purpose of those clear visors I am starting to see more of? I am sure they are much more comfortable to wear than a face masks in hot weather, but what benefit are they supposed to give? Strikes me they are worse than masks with valves on them.
Aerosol guard likely. Common for medical staff - someone coughing/sneezing in your eyes is a great virus vector.

Aerosol guard likely. Common for medical staff - someone coughing/sneezing in your eyes is a great virus vector.

Why aren't we all told to wear visors then? I see a visor as much less antisocial and problematic than a face mask.

Anyway, ignoring my culpable typo, which I unsuccessfully tried to make light of, I still maintain that, while most people can run up or improvise a mask, very few have the skills or equipment to make a visor, and I very much doubt that supplies are available in the necessary quantities. I am not a fan of the current shower-in-power, but I try to give them credit for the occasional sensible decision.

Anyway, ignoring my culpable typo, which I unsuccessfully tried to make light of, I still maintain that, while most people can run up or improvise a mask, very few have the skills or equipment to make a visor, and I very much doubt that supplies are available in the necessary quantities. I am not a fan of the current shower-in-power, but I try to give them credit for the occasional sensible decision.

Sorry I didn't get the humour, it can be hard to see that in text form, not your fault there.

I suppose you are right regarding DIY for masks as opposed to visors. If visors were good though I would have thought they would have been recommended by the Gov, I haven't seen that, but I might have missed it. The message seems to be preventing people breathing on each other, which I suppose a mask is better at dissipating rather than a visor.

Anyway I notice social media has gone back to berating people for enjoying themselves on beaches, just like they did a few months ago, even though nothing bad happened. I am sure some people (some members here for certain) have enforced misery on themselves and just want everyone to be as miserable as they are. Not a new trend though.

Why aren't we all told to wear visors then? I see a visor as much less antisocial and problematic than a face mask.
I guess the benefits of a face mask are that you don't cough/sneeze over others (and it's a minor reminder to try to not touch your face). A visor is more effective for stopping you being coughed/sneezed on; which is going to be a bigger issue for a doctor treating patients.

Back