Face Frame Hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew S

Established Member
Reaction score
I am building a cabinet and decided to use the american style face frame instead of classic Euro style.

I seem to be unable to find reasonable priced cabinet door hinges compatible with face-frame (partial overlay). Amazon's prices are scary high as they are shipped from USA.

I need the equivalent of Blum 38N / 33.3600

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Check out Hart Wholesale for loads of Blum products (personally I'd avoid the cheapo generic stuff and also invest a few extra pennies in the better, solid clips). Website takes some navigating but the prices are miles cheaper than you'd find on amazon etc.

I use trade-hinges not bad prices for non account customers

the hinges Matthew wants are £3.44 incl vat (from your link)
Rob - Exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a lot. Not soft close but will do the job at hand. Thanks again

Beware of cheap hinges as they can sag under load. I recently had to fit a cabinet door over another with a 4 mm gap between them. The owner had his own hinges which sagged under load fouling the doors. Nothing for it but to buy Hafele hinges which were perfect. Personally I would use those face frame self closing hinges and I don't mind the knuckle being exposed but they are not available is soft close.

You can fit soft close pistons to the cabinet. If the face frame isnt flush to the cabinet wall , itll need a spacer block.....

Thanks again and also to Doug71. I wanted to call out trade-hinges for excellent customer service. I ordered them and afterwards received the comment from baldkev. I called them and as the courier had not yet arrived they were happy to add the soft close pistons. Now I'll wait for their arrival on Monday

Back