F-Clamp with removable head?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone come across an F-Clamp with a removable head, so I can use it with an MFT style table top?

- I already have the Festool type clamps (lever and f style) but am looking for something with more depth (longer)
- It needs to be an F-Clamp and not a quick clamp as the quick clamps don't provide enough clamping force for what I want.

Don't they all have removable heads?
I bought a bunch of silverlines which along with every other one needed mushrooming to
stop this from happening.
I put a pin in another for something else before.
Tom

Ttrees":3783m3h5 said:
Don't they all have removable heads?
I bought a bunch of silverlines which along with every other one needed mushrooming to
stop this from happening.
I put a pin in another for something else before.
Tom

I've never seen one with a removable head? .. are you thinking of quick clamps?

Any one of these style I have the head will come off eventually.
Didn't take long to mushroom the ends with a large hammer.
You have to work them way down the bar with a rubber mallet you don't like, to do so, as hitting the ends makes them travel back upwards.
So its a case of whacking the head over and back.

Attachments

• f-clamps-wood-working-2pc-600mm-heavy-duty-cast-iron-metal-clamp-24-d1915-[2]-568-p.jpg
    f-clamps-wood-working-2pc-600mm-heavy-duty-cast-iron-metal-clamp-24-d1915-[2]-568-p.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 124
Mine (from Aldi) have a little punched notch on the end of the bar that stops the threaded part coming off. I just filed it flush and the head just came off. I used it in dog holes in my beach like you described for your MFT.

thick_mike":283rt1n5 said:
Mine (from Aldi) have a little punched notch on the end of the bar that stops the threaded part coming off. I just filed it flush and the head just came off. I used it in dog holes in my beach like you described for your MFT.

Just had a look through all my F-Clamps (that are longer than the Festool ones) and the bar is thickner than 20mm :(

Back