EzeLap Diamond Plates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wingate

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought 3 8" x 3" Ezelap Diamond plates, Coarse 250, Medium 400 and Fine 600 to complement my SuperFine 1200 from 8 or so years ago. I bought them from Tool Venture. After 5 minutes of use with the coarse stone taking some nicks out of a 2" Japanese Laminated steel plane blade, there was nothing coming off the blade. The diamond surface had disappeared. I ground down the blade on the school horizontal oil grinder the next day. I rang Tool Venture and they advised me to return it to them for assessment. I sent it off and have received a new stone in return. They said they tested the stone, some diamonds were still in the corners and they went to nothing, duff stone or adhesive technology. I have just used the coarse stone to flatten my 8000 ceramic stone and a few blades. All seem o.k. I like the length and width of these stones. They are heavy and substantial and make sharpening easy. Thanks again to Tool Venture for a no fuss replacement.

Back