EZ Smart Guide System

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, Pete :D - I still prefer the Festool system because the edge of the guide rail still lines up exactly with the cut when you have the saw tilted at an angle, which this system inherently couldn't do, but it looks like a good option if you already have a good CS.

Is that price for the set of two 50" rails with all the associated bits?

NeilCFD

Still waiting for his Festool rails from Protrade... 4th set just posted... :cry:

That price is for 2 50" rails and associated gubbins - the complete SGS-1 system.

They say you can use one side for the 90 degree cut and the other for a bevel cut, although there's obviously a limitation on the number of bevels (presumably 1 for most accuracy).

Cheers,

Pete

If it was significantly cheaper it would be a no-brainer for me...

cambournepete":tpu9jiqd said:
If it was significantly cheaper it would be a no-brainer for me...
You mean, like £95 which is what the dollar price converts to? :evil:

I think it looks worth it - it would transform your saw into a completely different tool, and would be great for the router too. Am I remembering correctly that you bought a nice Hitachi CS, or am I thinking of someone else?

NeilCFD

I was thinking of buying a nice Hitachi CS, but haven't yet. If this guide is as good as it claims, maybe my B&D would be good enough? Anyway, the combined cost of Hitachi C7B and guide is £300. getting close to Mafell and Festool prices...

Well, I was going to say, if you don't have a good saw already, the Festool looks better value to me (well I would say that, wouldn't I :lol: ) than the ez-guide + Hitachi. But if the B&D is cutting well for you, maybe it would be worth getting the guide? I don't know... it would be awful if you shelled out for the guide and then found your saw was limiting the quality of cut...

I'm very impressed with the router add-on with transverse movement, though - I might have to make something like this to fit on the Festool rails. Thanks for pointing out the site!

NeilCFD

wellI just got one for the new shop in florida.Have used it with a makita saw, worked good as my old festo set up.Advantage - adaptor plate can use ANY CS, so not limited to buying a very expensive CS like Festo.
Also UNLIKE the Festool - you can actually trim SMALL pieces by using the grip fast clamps to hold thenm ONTO the rail, which imho is better then the festool way,
GO ON get it it will improve your w-wking time no end.
HS busy packing for the US again :oops:

I use my Festool system a lot, several hours a day. A point easily missed is that with the Festool saw the quality of the cut is superb. You would need a really good circular saw to match it, in fact you would probably need a Festool to match it.
The 'EZ' system might be just as good, but what would you use as the saw?
John

cambournepete":1mztthf6 said:
Has anyone any experience of this saw guide system?

It's available from the Woodworkers Workshop although not yet on their website, and costs £165, about the same as the festool guides (although it takes any saw) !!

Cheers,

Pete

PS Yes, I already know about the FWW saw guide...

Hello Uk. Hi Guys. I' notice some visits in our site from this forum and I stop over to say Hi.
Hi Pete. If the forum allow me I' can explain the features of the EZ-Smart and the philosophy behind the design. (the Dead Wood Concept)
By the way,what is FWW saw guide?
Thanks guys.
(Your Carpenter Friend)
YCF Dino

YCF Dino":20i1hyhv said:
Hi Pete. If the forum allow me I' can explain the features of the EZ-Smart and the philosophy behind the design. (the Dead Wood Concept)

I think that might count as advertising and so not be allowed, although I'm happy for a mod to correct me. I'm also happy for you to PM me.

YCF Dino":20i1hyhv said:
By the way,what is FWW saw guide?

The Fine Wood Working saw guide. Generally recommended here for people with a decent CS who can't or don't want to afford a Festool, which is around £380 here with 56" guide.

johnelliott":20i1hyhv said:
The 'EZ' system might be just as good, but what would you use as the saw?

My greeny-blue Black & Decker (165mm blade) with fine-toothed blade that cost as much as the saw many years ago...

The EZ guide is supposed to work well with cheap saws...

Cheers,

Pete

Hi Pete

cambournepete":3j1ri85s said:
I think that might count as advertising and so not be allowed, although I'm happy for a mod to correct me. I'm also happy for you to PM me.

Wearing my mod's hat, as nobody on here is au fait with the product, I wouldn't have a problem with it being explained to us.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":3uhudy6r said:
Hi Pete

cambournepete":3uhudy6r said:

Wearing my mod's hat, as nobody on here is au fait with the product, I wouldn't have a problem with it being explained to us.

Cheers
Neil

Ditto

Newbie_Neil":2yankrif said:
Hi Pete

cambournepete":2yankrif said:

Cheers
Neil
Hi Guys.

"I'm an inventor with a mission and not a salesman on commision."
The EZ Smart is the first step to the Dead Wood Concept.
I' believe that woodworking can be safe by holding the wood in place and move the tool on a track. And not just safe, but EZ,accurate and affordable the same time. This practice can only be done in CNC machines until now. The EZ Smart is design with that in mind.

The Open Design on the guide rail allows for 2 Clamping tracks (at the bottom)and two antichip-positioning edges on the sides.
What we have now is the ability to clamp the narrowest piece of trim at the bottom of the guide and achieve cuts never before possible on any tool.
You can cut tapered-and bevel the same time(compound) any shape and size. Actually the EZ Smart become's a table if you use 4 smart clamps or the new smart clamping system.

With 2 edges we have bidirectional use and we don't have to waste time.
And by having two edges we can always find the most ergonomical position to work. At the near future look at the use of one edge to trim the rough lumber and move the guide to a preset measurement and dimension the same piece without the need for a tablesaw.

The EZ Smart is the first guide rail with intergraded measuring system for repeat cuts. Other benefits are: Universal-antichip with or without the use of the rail and in both sides of the blade.(smart Base)
Extendable with 3 dovetail self align connectors. Zero Play.

This is just few of the Patented fea tures and benefits of the EZ Smart.
What you lose is depth cut capacity. (5/8").
With limited time This is what comes from the top of my "confused" head.

Any saw with true arbor on the EZ Smart works fine. And due to very effective antichip inserts and edges you can use any 40 tooth blade.
I' cut melamine with no chips with a freud Diablo 40 teeth.

But the most important thing when you use a guide rail is not the saw or the rail. The material support system is the no.1 factor.
Spend some time and make a Smart Table or get the smart table kit

And make it EZ Smart. Now I' start sound like a salesman....
So, I'm out
See you guys. And thanks for allow me to present the EZ Smart and the Dead Wood Concept.
Yours.
Dino your Carpenter Friend.

Latest posts

Back