Extractor bags

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lowlife

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of those small portable dust/chip extractors that just use a single cotton collection bag, they're great, but just recently I've been planing and sawing large quantities of timber for my boat project, and especially when planing the bag fills up really fast. They just have the single 100mm diameter neck opening and I find I spend as much time emptying the things as I do actually working!

Does anyone know if and where I can get bags with a zip in the side to make it quicker to empty? I could get someone to fit zips for me, but it would be easier if I could just buy a couple.

You could always get a cyclone ;)

I know what you mean, I've never seen one on your type of extractor, but maybe a bag that goes on a floor sanding machine may be worth looking at.

I've seen a few articles online where people have built their own cyclones using one of these extractors, looks easy enough and I may go down that route, in the meantime I think I may just get someone to fit a zip in my bag.

The alternative would be to buy another extractor, the type with a disposable plasic collection bag, not as easy to move around as this one though as they're more than twice the size. Also I don't normally need something that big, it's only while I've been machining the timber for the boat that I've created such vast quantities of dust and shavings, my projects are not usually as big as this!

Latest posts

Back