Extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi There,
This is my first post to this forum, i've been reading your post's
for a few months now as I am new to woodworking, and I am finding it very enjoyable, (the woodworking & your post's) since my retirement.
I have purchased a few tools, table saw ,sliding mitre saw, router + a few hand tools, I have done a few projects - workbench - router table (a bit like Norms) and a few radiator covers and a few other things. I have just bought a perform planer / thicknesser from Axminster and I have just got it set up, (Brilliant for the price) but I am now in need of some good extraction and I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with the Record Power RSDE2 as it will suit my pocket (£150 approx) and the space I have left, + any suggestions anyone may have.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.

Malc.

Welcome, Malc, but you obviously haven't read the Terms and Conditions of posting here.

You aren't allowed to mention Norm's name until you've been posting here for at least six months. :(

Also, any mention of the tools and machinery you own, which amounts to a Gloat, not allowed for six months.

As you are from Staffordshire, God's own county, we'll give you a second chance! :lol:

Other than that, you're doing OK.

Regards, John (born Wolverhampton)

Hi Malc

welcome to the forum - hope you find lot's of help and stimulating err, discsusions :lol:

Not familiar with the record but after using my Charnwood for a few years, I have concluded that I would look for one with 1um or 2um filters next time around; in fact, this would be top of my list of requirements!

Welcome to the forum, Malc. Take no notice of that secondhand Devonian. :wink: I'll just move this over to Buying Advice, so hold tight pleeeeeeease.

Cheers, Alf

I've got the DX3000 copes well with the 8" thicknesser on my Kity except wide maple as the shape of the shavings clog the 4" hose but thats not a fault of the extractor. It also works well with handheld tools like the router & sander. The cam-vac ones also work well and are a lot quieter, I use one in the shed for wood turning.

Jason

Hi Malc

Welcome to the forum. :D

davisbmw":uvtmw9le said:
SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.

Where, did I miss it, sorry but only a dozen or so lines does not count as a long post, keep trying. :whistle: :wink:

I have the perform planer / thicknesser, its an even better bit of kit now as the price has dropped loads since I bought mine. :twisted:

I don't know what record extractor is like, I did buy a cheap NuTool extractor. The problem it had was caused buy the guard in the inlet to the fan, big planings (from wide boards) collected on it blocking the hose. :x I cut it out and never had a problem. :shock: I have since used the blower on a home made cyclone to great effect. :D

Hi Jason

jasonB":2uas3xx7 said:
The cam-vac ones also work well and are a lot quieter, I use one in the shed for wood turning.

I have the wall mounted Camvac, GW286?, and whilst the extraction is excellent I am disappointed by the noise. It must be the loudest piece of kit that I have.

Cheers
Neil

I don't know if you're in the bit of staffs near Burton but someone is advertising an extractor in the ad-mag for £100 and there's another in Borrowash for £50 - might be worth checking out.

Latest posts

Back