Extraction adaptor needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo60

Established Member
Reaction score
Got my system in and mitre saw, table saw adaptors are good but need a one to link Bosch Orbital 18 to flexi hose. The sander has a filter box attached to it which isn't great.
Th exhaust on the sander is 28mm ext (so need 28mm internal) and something 36mm at other end to fit into 40mm waste pipe. Will eventually need adaptors for Trim Router, Jig saw, circular saw. But that's another day. TIA

Attachments

• Extraction 4.jpg
    Extraction 4.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 30
So the glue takes up the gap in the angle?
If you cut the right amount out there is neglible gap for the glue to fill
If you need to increase the diameter then just split the offcut and fit it over cutting another small piece to fill the gap and so on. The diameter increases or decreases by twice the wall thickness of the pipe. Warming the pipe can help on smaller diameters.

I have used large heat shrink for some quick adaptors, just slide a section of HS between the hose and the tool, a bit of heat and you are there :)

I have used large heat shrink for some quick adaptors, just slide a section of HS between the hose and the tool, a bit of heat and you are there :)
20+ years ago I bought a Delta (are they still going) dust extractor it came with a length of 2” heat shrink which was excellent for connecting the hose to power tools.

I have just bought one of these off eBay. It’s superb Lumberjack 5Pc Dust Extractor Reducer Adaptor Universal Converter Kit 35mm 100mm

Just cut short pieces of 40m lengthwise and glue together. Easy peasy
This sounds brilliantly simple, but I'm not following how it comes together. Do you have a photo of one you made earlier? I have various sized ports I've taped up and they need continual maintenance so looking for a more robust solution. Thanks - sorry for the stupid quetion

Bought my blast gates from this guy and he can make adaptors any size. If you buy 5 or more they are £5 each with free postage. I'm going to measure all my stuff and get them ordered.
Dan Goodier - [email protected]

This sounds brilliantly simple, but I'm not following how it comes together. Do you have a photo of one you made earlier? I have various sized ports I've taped up and they need continual maintenance so looking for a more robust solution. Thanks - sorry for the stupid quetion
What diameters (int / ext) are you going from to?
If you've lots to make up, repeated 40mm tube would become clumsy? Gaitors might be a simpler idea?

What diameters (int / ext) are you going from to?
If you've lots to make up, repeated 40mm tube would become clumsy? Gaitors might be a simpler idea?
Thanks for this. Although I mainly use hand tools, I've slowly acquired too many mechanical ones and have a hotch potch of solutions using 3 old vacuums that my better half discarded for one reason or another. After getting too much dust in he air making a table over xmas with my son, I'm now looking to plumb everything in properly. There are various sized ports, mainly 25 to 50 mm but all seem to be different. The Metabo sliding chop saw has a very badly designed port so I need to modify it and the table saw needs more suck. I'm at the specification stage of trying to figure out the way to go. (Could be a full 4" tube LV or stick with the HV but add another old Vacuum to the table saw.) Still looking at options and researching the subject as its probably the most technical subject I've come across doing wood in my life. I recon I could get the table saw to work by modifying the guard to take air efficiently and enclosing more of the blade under the table so that the HV suck is right next to the blade. But that invokes a lot of careful design with build with poly carbonate sheeting. So it may be simpler to add a big tube and a large fan and have some spare capacity for later.
Thanks for the advice on adaptors.

If you're making a 'small' step (<10mm?) try rubberised tape.
If you've room to hang it, try multiple plastic tubing sections.
for large differences try to make the joint away from the tool / gaitors?

Back