Extra long T-Squares. Any recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shed9

establiSHED member
Reaction score
Looking to get a decent precision T - square between 600 and 900m in length. The Woodpecker T-600 looks ideal but £154 is not exactly making it an easy purchase. That said the pencil holes along the length are for me its selling point (along with the fact it's a well made tool of course). Anyone have any recommendations of a good T - square of similar functionality? Not aware of anything like it below that cost and wanted to check before pushing that button.

Doesn't sound this would do for you, but I somehow finished up with 3 hardwood draughtsman's large T-squares - actually pretty accurate and I reach for one of these each time I'm marking up sheet goods etc - very nice mahogany versions (best and biggest one I had was mahogany with blackwood edge (ebony or?) inset) available second hand for peanuts or still available new for modest price.

Very functional.

dannyr":1562mqhu said:
Doesn't sound this would do for you, but I somehow finished up with 3 hardwood draughtsman's large T-squares - actually pretty accurate and I reach for one of these each time I'm marking up sheet goods etc - very nice mahogany versions (best and biggest one I had was mahogany with blackwood edge (ebony or?) inset) available second hand for peanuts or still available new for modest price.

Very functional.
I will have a look at what's available, even if not used for my original need, never thought to look in that direction for large squares.
Bm101":1562mqhu said:
https://www.fine-tools.com/winkzim.html
Any good?
I have the hedue one and I find it good for my needs if you need to measure. Need to add shipping on pf course. You could add a hardwood strip easy enough to the side.
Danny's suggestion otherwise?
Completely forgot about Dieter Schmid, shows how ling since I bought new tools. I've bought a fair bit from them in the past. Will have a look through. Just remembered Dictum as well.

Thanks both, superb suggestions. Appreciated.

Playing devil's advocate:
Buy two lengths of appropriate ground bar, join them together yourself.
Much less money, and surely more durable and potentially more accurate over time than Woodpecker and other aluminium options ?

draugtsmans hardwood square everytime. mine is accurate over it's full length. with an ebony edge made by Windsor and newton.

Latest posts

Back