• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Extra long T-Squares. Any recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

shed9

establiSHED member
Reaction score
Looking to get a decent precision T - square between 600 and 900m in length. The Woodpecker T-600 looks ideal but £154 is not exactly making it an easy purchase. That said the pencil holes along the length are for me its selling point (along with the fact it's a well made tool of course). Anyone have any recommendations of a good T - square of similar functionality? Not aware of anything like it below that cost and wanted to check before pushing that button.

dannyr

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound this would do for you, but I somehow finished up with 3 hardwood draughtsman's large T-squares - actually pretty accurate and I reach for one of these each time I'm marking up sheet goods etc - very nice mahogany versions (best and biggest one I had was mahogany with blackwood edge (ebony or?) inset) available second hand for peanuts or still available new for modest price.

Very functional.

Bm101

Lean into the Curve
Reaction score
https://www.fine-tools.com/winkzim.html
Any good?
I have the hedue one and I find it good for my needs if you need to measure. Need to add shipping on pf course. You could add a hardwood strip easy enough to the side.
Danny's suggestion otherwise?

shed9

establiSHED member
Reaction score
dannyr":1562mqhu said:
Doesn't sound this would do for you, but I somehow finished up with 3 hardwood draughtsman's large T-squares - actually pretty accurate and I reach for one of these each time I'm marking up sheet goods etc - very nice mahogany versions (best and biggest one I had was mahogany with blackwood edge (ebony or?) inset) available second hand for peanuts or still available new for modest price.

Very functional.
I will have a look at what's available, even if not used for my original need, never thought to look in that direction for large squares.
Bm101":1562mqhu said:
https://www.fine-tools.com/winkzim.html
Any good?
I have the hedue one and I find it good for my needs if you need to measure. Need to add shipping on pf course. You could add a hardwood strip easy enough to the side.
Danny's suggestion otherwise?
Completely forgot about Dieter Schmid, shows how ling since I bought new tools. I've bought a fair bit from them in the past. Will have a look through. Just remembered Dictum as well.

Thanks both, superb suggestions. Appreciated.

Sideways

Established Member
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate:
Buy two lengths of appropriate ground bar, join them together yourself.
Much less money, and surely more durable and potentially more accurate over time than Woodpecker and other aluminium options ?

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
draugtsmans hardwood square everytime. mine is accurate over it's full length. with an ebony edge made by Windsor and newton.