Explanation for My Absence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Although I had told my fellow mods, because Digit had left us so recently I thought an explanation for my absence could wait.

So where have I been?, Hospital, 2 weeks in ICU, 2 weeks on the Coronary care unit, home for 10 days, and rushed in again for another 2 weeks.
It all started on the 4 June when while watching tv I just passed out, no pain in my chest, no trouble breathing, not a clue anything was wrong. After trying to bring me around after 10 days in ICU (for some reason I would not react), I finally started to wakeup after 12 days only to be told that I had suffered a heart attack, my lungs had filled with fluid because I had Pulmonary Oedema, a lower lung infection and Pneumonia. :shock:

After being unable to put a Stent in the blocked artery I was put on medication to try and unblock it, but when I was back in again 10 days later, they went into a good artery and into the rear of the blocked one, where they put 2 Stents in.

I still have one or two problems, but all in all I consider myself a very lucky man, and now truly understand how precious life is.

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":1dv9iwdq said:
I had suffered a heart attack, my lungs had filled with fluid because I had Pulmonary Oedema, a lower lung infection and Pneumonia.

Mike
Yes, but apart from that, how's things been with you?

:)

Glad to see you back Mike

We all take good health for granted , even me

Then one day we get a reminder the bad health is around the corner

I hope you make a full recovery Mike

"....while watching tv I just passed out...."

I know telly's rubbish these days, but it doesn't usually provoke a reaction that bad. You'd best tell us what programme you were watching so we can avoid it.

Seriously - very glad to hear of the positive results so far, and I hope good progress continues.

WOW

Best wishes for a full recovery - take it easy.

while watching tv I just passed out

Happens to me all the time :? Thought it was normal to crash out in front of the telly

Bob

Hi Mike
Sorry to hear of your major health issues and glad you are on the road to recovery. Just take it easy and stop doing what was likely to have caused the heart attack, hope it wasn't the moderating!
Regards Keith

Mike,
Very sorry to hear of your major illness. Wow that must have been very scary for you and your family. Glad to hear that your are on the mend and I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Thanks guys (and Studders :lol :lol: ). It's good to be back and if I have just got to do my bit and eat/live healthy from then I should live a normal life from now on. Just think if I had not given up smoking (what is it 4 or 5 years ago?), things could have turned out very different.

Charlie Woody":3jl5kc1z said:
Mike,
Very sorry to hear of your major illness. Wow that must have been very scary for you and your family. Glad to hear that your are on the mend and I wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Spot on Charlie. It is easy to forget that when you are that ill you are not the only one going through it, your family are too. Especially in ICU when you have tubes sticking out of most holes, drips, blood transfusion and many others. My wife had to sit by me everyday wondering if I was coming back to her. They even called her in the early hours one morning and told her that she had better come up to see me as I was going down hill fast, and this was just a few days. after being told that they had to defib twice on the way to hospital.
Because I just passed out, I even catch her listening out to see if I am breathing in bed at night. So yes the families can be very scared.

Cheers

Mike

Back