Experiments with animal glue.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarviser

Established Member
Reaction score
:idea: I wondered if any forum members would be interested in my experiments with a stainless animal glue pot and "novel" heater? I have not scientifically tested the strength of stored glue, but I have a side table with legs jointed with glue mixed then stored over the winter in this pot, and it is still standing. I don't see a huge difference between storing pearl beads, and glue stored in the "gel" state. The URL below contains the images and text.
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/jarviser/index.html

What a great method for heating and storage!

My glue pot died a while back and I have been using premixed, which I don't think I like as much. Doesn't seem to be as tacky.

Thank you for sharing this. I think I'll give it a try.

Alf, It is really a general disclaimer against playing around with electrical goods, but for example you need to know where to drill it to add the two extra legs, and that means being able to take it apart safely. I have also tried a cut down coffee filter machine base, but it did not get hot enough. One day I will describe my tool cupboard heater made from two light bulbs and a doctored hot cylinder thermostat... If I can find a better way to get pics on the forum that is. (My AOL web page is now full with those two pics!)

Jarviser":2be18wqh said:
Alf, It is really a general disclaimer against playing around with electrical goods, but for example you need to know where to drill it to add the two extra legs, and that means being able to take it apart safely.
Ah, I see. As I really don't know anything about irons* I thought I'd better ask!

Cheers, Alf

*Apart from their use with an ironing board. :(

Latest posts

Back