Expensive lesson in rushing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchhounds

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple of stupid mistakes made today on my festool mft.

First, saw wasnt proper on the guide rail, shot across the rail and caused a pretty ugly scar in the rail

Second, going from 45 degree cut using the fence to a 90 i left the rail pretruding past the splinter guard and cut through it, blade is ok amazingly!

Felt like a prize plum

Dont rush, pay attention!!

..........and learn from your mistakes, we've all made them.

Thats it. I know where i went wrong. Rushing, not taking a break.

Im always reminded of a Nascar racer that had 'Think' on his steering wheel. Not a bad idea..

My rail has a scar too. It taught me why they get to sell those slide on stops that prevent the saw from running backwards off the rail if you don't hold it firmly while plunging at the start of the cut.

Tungstn carbide will eat aluminium for breakfast day in day out. The rail will always lose, but the rails are expensive !

The rail protrudes a bit too much on the left side of the bench, i might cut it down to size anyway (thats my excuse anyway)

I was very precious leaving saw marks in the top at first but then realised its a tool to be used not a show pony

Back