Expensive Decking Screw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
First time out any distance in the car since the beginning of march yesterday for lockdown deferred Hospital appointment sees us acquiring a Decking Screw?
screw.jpg

Introduced itself with a little orange warning graphic to add interest to the drive whilst negotiating a horrendous thunderstorm and this morning presented its bill for £93.00 in the form of a new tyre.

Might know it was one of the rear tyres with 5+mm of tread left on it not one of the fronts which could do with changing before the winter months.

There's a careless Chippy or his Mate somewhere that may be experiencing some unexpected pains.

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 289
Phil Pascoe":3r1ztiv4 said:
I had a Suzy jeep - one day I went to sort out a slow puncture. Did you find it - was it a nail? No, it was five screws .... and two Stanley knife blades. :D

Had you antagonised one of your neighbours by any chance Phil...? :D

Many years ago my pal was at his office party at a local hotel, got into a huge argument with his partner who works for him they were both the worse for drink and he rang me to ask if I could pick him up as she had stormed off in the taxi. He came back with me for a few black coffees and walked home as he lived just a few doors away. Next morning he discovered that she'd slashed all 4 of the tyres on his car, a 6 month old BMW 5 series, cost £1200 to replace :shock: I would have at worst thrown her out and sacked her as well or at best made her pay for the tyres, he did neither and they're still together, still disagreeing on a regular basis. :lol:

Isn't it always the case Chas. :roll:
At least next time you need a decking screw you'll know where to find one, you did keep it didn't you? :wink:

Phil Pascoe":tpnxp8d0 said:
I had a Suzy jeep - one day I went to sort out a slow puncture. Did you find it - was it a nail? No, it was five screws .... and two Stanley knife blades. :D
Parking in Camborne is always a bit of a lottery.

Latest posts

Back