Expansion!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Having a talk with my landlord today and he offered me first refusal of the workshop next door which comes up for rent at the end of the month. He knows I need more space so thought he would ask me first. It is twice the size of the one I have now and is only £20 per week more (£70) Looks like I could be moving shortly. :D

Sounds like a good deal and you won't have far to go, either. You'd probably have it all done and dusted in half an hour, given the speed at which you work! ;-)

Excuse me for asking but just what do you get for £70 a week? I must pay about £300 a week plus vat,service charge and rates etc for that I get 2000 square feet in a uninsulated WW2 brick hut. with lots of windows.

Chrispy":3jr5sze2 said:
Excuse me for asking but just what do you get for £70 a week? I must pay about £300 a week plus vat,service charge and rates etc for that I get 2000 square feet in a uninsulated WW2 brick hut. with lots of windows.

That's a lot. Nearly £8 psf. I'm on about £3psf for a 1500 sq ft uninsulated farm workshop in Bucks, plus no VAT and no service charge (although there are rates).

I am not sure how many square feet it is. I have only been in there for a brief moment when I spoke to the owner. It is about three times the size of the one I have now which is roughly 50 feet x 24 feet. For £70 I get the workshop and a parking space. There is a toilet with water but it is a communial one. (There are no water rates) Electricity is on a seperate meter as mine is now and this is paid seperately. I also have to pay the rates for the workshop although at the moment it is free. Not sure if the owner is leaving the alarm in but one is fitted. I will know more once I have had a good look around it. On great bonus is that there is no building above it so I could fit a wood burner in this one. Plenty of space for a spray booth too which is a real bonus. :D

Saying that I think mine is cheaper. With it being built on the same grounds as my house it costs nothing in rent/mortgage. My business rates are free (currently) as my local council have a business rates relief scheme and im a few points under the max rateable value. No water rates as there paid with the house. Which makes the only bills I have are electric, phone and broadband (although im connected to the house internet I also have a business internet so if one fails which it once did, im not stuffed).

Hudson Carpentry":2ry0z572 said:
Not if I get there first

Posted from my Android phone half way to Grimsby

Ok you have it and I'll have your old one ( does it come with the house) :mrgreen:

Back