Expanding transfer punch?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Came across one of these in a youtube video :

They look really useful! .. can't seem to find any that are avaliable and reasonably priced though? .. or are they just generally really expensive? given a transfer set can be had for around £30?

They ar about £100 for a set of 3, only seem to be sold in the US from what I can see though.

At the price that Rorschach has quoted, I wouldn't bother transatlantic. Neat idea but VERY expensive!

Although I work mainly in metric these days, I have a set of imperial transfer punches. I find that for the vast majority of work I do, finding an imperial transfer punch that's a "nice sliding fit" into a metric hole is plenty accurate enough for 99% of jobs.

Having a lathe I tend to make my own on the rare occasions I actually need one. Old/broken drills are also kept for this purpose and in a pinch you can use a new drill, grind the back end to a point and hit the drill with a copper or lead hammer so as not to damage the cutting edge.

At the price that Rorschach has quoted, I wouldn't bother transatlantic. Neat idea but VERY expensive!

Although I work mainly in metric these days, I have a set of imperial transfer punches. I find that for the vast majority of work I do, finding an imperial transfer punch that's a "nice sliding fit" into a metric hole is plenty accurate enough for 99% of jobs.

Sure - in my naivety, I was expecting around £15.

I won't bother.

Back