excellent service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I had a set of Versachuck slides from Beaufort Ink that were not numbered and were extremely tight in the chuck, so emailed to tell them this, saying I was happy to keep them - the lack of numbering didn't concern me (with a bit of a polish they'd fit and as I was using long jaws the tightness would actually be quite good) but that they might get complaints from others. I fitted them with one screw as I wanted to ensure I had them in the correct order - they were to be fitted to the jaws permanently, so not having numbers didn't matter once done.
When I continued the second screws didn't line up, so I emailed to say I'd return them (which was an option they'd already offered) after new year.
This morning I had a phone call from Phil Dart at Beaufort saying not to bother returning them, would it be OK if they send out new ones after new year. So, a round of applause. :)

Agreed. When I had a Versachuck, I encountered a few small issues. Mainly, the engineering jaws wouldn’t fit in the chuck at all and the jaw carriers I ordered weren’t a complete set (missing no.4 and two no.3). After a chat with Phil (very helpful) I ended up sending it back (reluctantly) as I really needed a chuck asap so I went to my local Axminster.
Phil, explained the problems and was very helpful. I’ll probably buy another at some point as the chuck looked good and I think the company are very decent.

Back