Excel 10'' 250mm Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeing1964

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening All

Has anyone purchased the Excel Planer Thicknesser and if so, would you recommend it?
I'm looking for may first machine, mainly to clean up pallet wood so something light and portable would be ideal.

Ta
G.

Looks almost identical to the Lumberjack one that I have.
It does the job well enough but the extractor hood is a right pain in the ar** because of the built in safety feature. Fine once setup but you have to do that every time your switch from jointer the thicknesser.

It does the job well enough but the extractor hood is a right pain in the ar** because of the built in safety feature. Fine once setup but you have to do that every time your switch from jointer the thicknesser.
Thanks... don't think I'll bother.. I'll wait and save my pennies and buy something better

Don't get me wrong it's pretty well built for the price.
I guess if you're not a hobbyist then it might not be for you.

I should point out another thing, and I don't know if this is normal for Planner/Thicknesser.

Regarding the extractor port. Because of the safety feature of having to mount the extractor port for it to work (micro switches) you have to take the fence out of 90° to 45° to fit the port while in thicknesser.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi There,
I took the plunge and bought the Excel one but the instructions are not too clear.
Can you tell me how I raise the blade for the Jointer? Much appreciated

Ta
G

Is it not the knob that sticks out the Bed to the right of the machine?

the blade stays level but the indeed table moves just like a hand planer.

Ive just checked my titan one.

Cheers James

Is it not the knob that sticks out the Bed to the right of the machine?

the blade stays level but the indeed table moves just like a hand planer.

Ive just checked my titan one.

Cheers James
Thanks James, I'll take another look tomorrow. The instructions indicate that it is at the back of the machine although... instructions are in black and white so wondering if the arrow is actually pointing to the front of the machine....

Is this your planer? If so the knob at the rear of the bed is used to raise/lower it. Will have 3 mm of travel. There should be an indicator on the side, near the handle that adjusts the thicknesses bed.

I am now convinced this is the same as the Lumberjack one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-08-20-32-39-46_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-08-20-32-39-46_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc~2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Lumberjack branded.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-08-20-48-45-10_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-08-20-48-45-10_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 8
Is this your planer? If so the knob at the rear of the bed is used to raise/lower it. Will have 3 mm of travel. There should be an indicator on the side, near the handle that adjusts the thicknesses bed.

I am now convinced this is the same as the Lumberjack one.
Yes, that’s it, great, much appreciated

Back