Excalibur Table Saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorden

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm thinking of replacing my Record RSTS12 with an Excalibur 8040101. This looks like an excellent machine with a Biesemeyer fence and cast iron top and wings.

The company say the sell like hot cakes (I wonder why) so I guess there must be a few in use in the group. What do people think of them?

Dennis

Hi Dennis
Welcome to the Forum-funnily enough I too replaced my Record RSTS12 with an Xcaliber! I have the 10 inch cabinet saw, the 8060101 I think. I have a small review on my website here...
http://www.philsville.co.uk/the%20workshop.htm
The saw itself is everything I could of hoped for-perfect! Woodford are real nice to deal with too-they returned my money because they didn't think they should hold it whilst waiting for stock to arrive. Don't see that everyday! :shock:
The one your looking at is a "contractors" style saw-I believe a few of the folk here have a similar model (its similar to the Delta one!)
Hope this helps
regards
Philly :D

Thanks Philly, the 804's 'big brother' certainly looks well built :D In the picture the motor looks to be hanging low in the frame, does this mean the blade is belt driven?

Dennis

Yup, the motor hangs out the back and is driven by a belt-Noely should be able to help you if you hang around!
Cheers
Philly :D

I've been up to Stockport today and purchased the 805 model with the sliding table. Of the contractor saws they also had the 802 on display - I think they have got the 804 on order.

I've been researching over the past few weeks and delving into posts on this forum (excellent forum). The only problem was after getting all the info together I found it difficult to make up my mind (confused may be closer to the truth). I was only going to look today and inpulse took over.

They do look quite chunky machines (There are quite a number of pieces and lots of nuts & bolts - hoping to have time this weekend to put it together)

Hmm - there doesn't seem to be anyone 'out there' with an 804, which is making me think that I might be better off with something bigger and heavier. That would be nice, but the weight could be a bit of a problem on my wooden floor.

Dennis

I got the impression from the staff at Woodford that the 804 was quite a popular machine (possibly due to blade to fence size) & probably the reason why they haven't any in stock.

Badger
I look forward to reading your first impressions of the saw after you have assembled all the bits;
Also its nice to see another ‘Potter’ on the forum.

Good luck at the weekend.

Alan

Hmm - there doesn't seem to be anyone 'out there' with an 804, which is making me think that I might be better off with something bigger and heavier. That would be nice, but the weight could be a bit of a problem on my wooden floor.

Jorden

Just lie back and think of Noggins :lol:

Bean

AlanG

Yep just down the hill from you at Church Lawton.

I'll post my impression on the saw when I've got it up and running.

However, I've never used a table saw before so it will be on a novice basis.

AlanG

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. My brother in law is coming round at the weekend to help clear a space in the garage and help with the build.

I phoned Woodford Tools up and spoke to a real helpful guy there. It seems they are selling the Xcaliber saws like hotcakes. They sold 150 before Christmas. They are waiting for another delivery of saws which should be in about seven weeks now. He told me that if I wanted to be sure of getting a 804 to get in touch to order one or send a deposit three to four weeks before they were due in. When I said I would like to see them in the flesh so to speak he said if you tell us when we will pick you up from the station. I don't think you can beat that for service. now I just gotta get the workshop built before they arrive.

Drew

if anyone phones woodford just mention ukworkshop you never know you might get a discount :D :D 8)

frank":3kmuue59 said:
if anyone phones woodford just mention ukworkshop you never know you might get a discount :D :D 8)
Bloomin' ought to with all this positive coverage they're getting! :lol:

Woodfords web site seems to have been down for days now, the US Excalibur one has been faulty for even longer - might have to go up to Manchester to tell them......

D

Latest posts

Back