Ex30 trade scroll saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bungalowbill63

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let you know Axminster tools no longer sell the ex30 scroll saw
I’m not sure if parts are still available

Interesting Bungalowbill63. May I ask how you found that out? Is it only temporary or permanent? And what about the 18 and 21 inch versions of that machine?

And as the UK distributor for Pegas/General International, will they re-start selling the "original" Excalibur/Pegas versions of the saw (which they did sell until they produced their "own badge Trade" versions a few years back)?

Permanent I would have thought, with all the problems some people have had.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you.

When the Axi "Trade" version came out I was a bit miffed having just previously bought a "real" Exc 21 at a higher price in Germany (but it was cheaper that the "real" Exc 21 at Axi at the time). Then the Axi "Trade" version appeared at a lower price, and then slowly but surely it suffered from more and more reports of various problems, seemingly mostly mechanical/materials. So (unusually for me) it turned out lucky after all.

The concept was good but the build quality was , How do I put it politely ERR best not
A classic example of built to a price and not a standard :(

Yup, I must agree. Having bought the "real" Excalibur (mine's a 21 inch, but the 18, 21, and 30 inch are virtually all the same), then having read reports on here and elsewhere about how badly Axi's customers fared with their apparently "cheapo" Axi "Trade" version, I'm not at all surprised. It can only be that they took the basic concept then "cheapened" it, as you say.

The only thing that does surprise me - so far anyway - is that based on this thread "only" the 30 inch model has been withdrawn by Axi. What about the 18 and 21 inch version I wonder?

I had the ex 30, when it worked it was fantastic, it entually went back to axi, and i now have a hegner multicut 2 variable speed, superb machine

take care
john

Back